Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Title says it all.

Why is that forum locked?

According to the forum rules, I should be able to post to "Notion for iOS".

But you guys locked that (presumably now old) forum.

Without granting users access to the new one?

Thx,

Ed
by Surf.Whammy on Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:40 am
edwardbradburn wroteTitle says it all.

Why is that forum locked?

According to the forum rules, I should be able to post to "Notion for iOS".

But you guys locked that (presumably now old) forum.

Without granting users access to the new one?

Thx,

Ed

I did a quick test and was able to post to NOTION Mobile using the same credentials I used to post this reply . . . :)

THOUGHTS

Since you were able to post to this forum (PreSonus NOTION Forum), you should be able to post to the PreSonus NOTION Mobile Forum using the same account and password you used to login and post to this forum . . .

As you noted, the old forum is locked and is available as an archive, but not for new posting there . . .

I am not finding a "Notion for iOS" section, but there is a "Notion for iPad" section in the old forum, which as noted is locked . . .

[NOTE: This was the NOTION Music Forum before NOTION Music became part of PreSonus, so it's only available as an archive. It's now replaced by the PreSonus NOTION Forum and PreSonus NOTION Mobile Forum--which are not locked--so you can post here and in the PreSonus NOTION Mobile Forum with your current credentials. If you are encountering problems, then perhaps contact PreSonus support for help . . . ]

Notion for iPad (Notion Music Forum, Archived)

Regarding a Desktop version of NOTION Mobile from the Apple App Store, I have no information, but there is a post suggesting it's important to turn-OFF automatic updates, since it apparently will overwrite the iPad version, although this looks to be fixed . . .

I found a message that includes information on the iCloud problem being fixed as well as a link to restore the previous version for the iPad, if it was overwritten via an automatic update . . .

It's in the post by ChrisS23 from PreSonus . . .

Need rollback option on iOS (PreSonus NOTION Mobile Forum)

Lots of FUN! :)

P. S. Mostly, this post is to verify it's possible to post to the NOTION Mobile forum and to post the results of the test, which I was able to do . . .

It's a bit confusing to keep track of the forums and archive, but I think I made sense of it, which is fabulous . . .

Fabulous! :reading:
Last edited by Surf.Whammy on Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by edwardbradburn on Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:49 am
Surf.Whammy wrote
edwardbradburn wroteTitle says it all.
I did a quick test and was able to post to NOTION Mobile using the same credentials I used to post this reply . . . :)

THOUGHTS

Since you were able to post to this forum (PreSonus NOTION Forum), you should be able to post to the NOTION Mobile section using the same account and password you used to login to this forum . . .

The old forum is locked and is available as an archive, so not new posting there . . .

I am not finding a "Notion for iOS" section, but there is a "Notion for iPad" section in the old forum, which as noted is locked . . .

Regarding a Desktop version of NOTION Mobile from the Apple App Store, I have no information, but there is a post suggesting it's important to turn-OFF automatic updates, since it apparently will overwrite the iPad version, although this might be fixed . . .

I found a message that includes information on the Cloud problem being fixed as well as a link to restore the previous version for the iPad, if it was overwritten via an automatic update . . .

P. S. Mostly, this post is to verify it's possible to post to the NOTION Mobile forum and to post the results of the test, which I was able to do . . .

I certainly cannot post, I even get a button saying "Why can I not post in this forum?"

If you have the link to restore 2.6.3, that would be very useful. Presonus Support (in a reply to a ticket) seems to think it's a blast to release a new version that replaces the software everyone's being using for years with zero notice via the AppStore. We think that's a dumb idea and would like to have 2.6.3 back. We might be able to restore it from an old iPad but if you have that link, that would be fantastic.

Many thanks for your support, much better than that of Presonus themselves! :thumbup:
by Surf.Whammy on Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:12 am
edwardbradburn wroteI certainly cannot post, I even get a button saying "Why can I not post in this forum?"

If you have the link to restore 2.6.3, that would be very useful. Presonus Support (in a reply to a ticket) seems to think it's a blast to release a new version that replaces the software everyone's being using for years with zero notice via the AppStore. We think that's a dumb idea and would like to have 2.6.3 back. We might be able to restore it from an old iPad but if you have that link, that would be fantastic.

Many thanks for your support, much better than that of Presonus themselves! :thumbup:

I updated my previous post with information on the link, and "Thanks!" for the kind words . . . :)

THOUGHTS

[NOTE: The primary focus is on restoring previously purchased sounds and the Handwriting Tool, but there also is a link in the PreSonus Knowledge Base article "How To Restore Your Purchases in Notion Mobile" to Apple Support on how to restore previous App Store purchases, which I repeated after this quoted post . . . ]

ChrisS23 wroteiCloud issues that have affected some users is now fixed in 3.0.1 - available for download now from the App Store.

There is no issue with Restore Purchases - please check the KB article here for more info: https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... ion-Mobile

-Chris

View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store and other Apple media services (Apple Support)

For reference, I check posts in the PreSonus NOTION Forum a few times each day and reply when I have information that is or perhaps could be helpful . . .

I do this for two reasons:

(1) It helps me discover and learn more about NOTION and Studio One, since when I can write about something and provide useful information, I tend to understand it; so this is the "self-interest" aspect, which if nothing else helps me and probably helps other folks, as well. And I am writing a book on digital music production, which is coming along nicely (over 400 pages, so far). :)

This is something I discovered when I was in college where at first I was not making good grades; but then I started taking notes (paper and pencil, since there were no laptop or notebook computers in those days) and then touch-typed the notes at home on an actual electric typewriter, at which time my grades improved and I mostly made "A" in everything . . .

(2) I started using NOTION in early-2010 when it was a NOTION Music application, which several years later became part of PreSonus and now is part of Fender Musical Instrument Corporation. NOTION and Studio One Professional make it possible for me to create elaborate music for my original songs and science fiction radio plays; so the second reason is that it's my way of showing respect and doing a bit of "paying forward" . . .

[NOTE: This is done exclusively within Studio One Professional 6--no ReWire and no NOTION--and it's mixed specifically for listening with studio-quality headphones and Apple AirPods, since it has "stereo headphone-style" motion and other effects. When I start working on the voiceovers, I use droning music as a cadence metronome. This is the first half of the story, and I am writing the second half of the story now with plans to record it and then enhance the music in a few days or thereabout, which includes adding foley sound effects . . . ]

phpBB [video]

[NOTE: This is the previous chapter, and it was done with Studio One Professional 5.5 and NOTION 6.8 in ReWire sessions where Studio One Professional 5.5 is the ReWire host controller and NOTION 6.8 is the ReWire helper device. The music is more elaborate, and there are foley sound effects . . . ]

phpBB [video]

For reference, I do not get paid for this, and nobody gives me free stuff . . .

Considering the time I devote to it, if I used the same time to mow lawns and trim shrubbery, I probably could get a Tesla car, but so what . . . :P

Once I finish the book on digital music production and publish it, I think it will make some money . . .

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1