Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

My name is Vijay, I am an ear musician and I have to create SATB sheets for the choir here. Since I use S1 and am a sphere member, it makes sense to use Notion. I have an issue which I am hot able to find a solution for using the help manual.

How can you delete measures from a score? Let's say you optimized your score and found out there are empty measures that you want to delete. The hide staff in the score setup hides all the staffs, but I just want to delete measures on the staffs.

In the attachment , I just want a way to delete the empty measures from 77-88, but retain the staffs. How to go about this? Sibelius had a delete measure function. Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

Attachments
notion_issue.png
I just want a way to delete the empty measures from 77-88, but retain the staffs.

Hardware:
2.3 GHZ Intel system with 64GB RAM running Windows 10Pro.
Quantum2, Behringer 4 channel headphone amp, Senheisser headphone, Sony headphone, Yamaha MXG 12 Channel Mixer, Roland DR 880, Rhode NT 1 A, Vault electric guitar,
Kruzweil PC3K 6, Korg PA 5X, Komplete Kontrol S 49, Presonus Eris E8 monitors, Proel V12(Pair)

Software:
Studio One 6, Komplete 13, Studio One Instruments V1 and 2, Korg M1, Wavestation, RealGuitar, DSF Sound factory, Notion 6
by acequantum on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:30 pm
Hi,

I'm new to notion too. As there doesn't seem to be a delete measure option, this works for me: Select the measure or group of measures with the mouse, right click on the selection, choose Edit > Delete from the pop up menu. Don't choose Clear. Make sure you select the entire measure(s) and staves.
by NANCYSONNENFELD on Sun May 05, 2024 8:23 am
I am have the same problem, but selecting the entire measure with a double click or by using Alt A and then using the edit menu did not work for me. I can't figure out why.
by Surf.Whammy on Sun May 05, 2024 11:04 am
It depends on whether you are (a) condensing "empty" measures or (b) deleting them for all staves in the score . . . :)

THOUGHTS

If you are deleting "empty" measures or any other type of measures, then you select them and use "Delete" on the Edit Menu, not the "delete", "Del", or similar key on the keyboard . . .

You can condense "empty" measures, but it depends on what the other instruments are doing . . .

Whether it makes sense to condense "empty" measures is context sensitive . . .

In this instance, when you want to delete the measures from the score or song, the solution is to use the "Delete" menu item on the "Edit" menu . . .

Condensing or combining a set of contiguous empty measures is another matter . . .

Lots of FUN! :)

Surf.Whammy's YouTube Channel

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1