Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
When I create a first and second ending, put a repeat sign in the first ending, double-click it and enter a number, the number appears on the score (e.g. 3x), but it is ignored in playback. That is, the first ending is taken only once, regardless of the number I've entered.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
by thorrild on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:17 pm
Hi Steve,

When you want a first ending to be used for more than one iteration, double-click on the first-ending bracket above the "1."

A text box appears, and you can type, for instance, "1, 2, 3, 4."

When you press Return, those numbers appear under the bracket, and under the other bracket where it used to say "2.", it now says "5."

The method you tried is for straight repeats only, with out first and second endings.

Best,
Thorrild

27" iMac 2016; OS 10.12.6
13" MacBook Pro 2017 OS 10.12.6
by stevecarter on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:32 pm
Thanks. That works.
by dianepebley on Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:01 am
My song structure is AAAA with a tag at the end of the last A. Playback refuses to play the 3rd and 4th time through regardless how the repeat bars and brackets are set up (see numbered setups below). I’ve tried multiple clicks on the rewind button to see if it wasn’t rewinding all the way. I’ve even tried closing the program and restarting it. I’m using Notion 3.3.1 on an iPad Pro 4th gen with iPadOS 17.3.1.

1) When there are no dotted repeat bars set, only a single bracket can be placed on the selected measure which automatically extends to the last measure NOT allowing for the tag after the last A.

2) When both the start and end dotted repeat bars are set along with the brackets, I can change the verse numbers to 1,2,3, and 4 respectively. However, play back ignores 2 & 3 and jumps to 4 on the second time through.

3) When I set it up like #2) above and add the 4x by clicking on the end repeat bar, it still only plays a total of twice before playing the tag.

4) When I only have the end repeat bar set AND the 4x is set above the end repeat bar, it still only plays twice through.

How do I get playback for the 3rd and 4th verses?
by acequantum on Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 am
Is this for notion Mobile? It may not be functioning correctly there so check those forums out specifically if there is a solution.

In Notion 6 for a computer, this is easily achieved with playback by setting a multiple ending symbol and marking the first set of repeats 1-4.

Notion 6 4 repeats 5th ending.jpg
by dianepebley on Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:00 am
Sorry, I was unclear. Yes, it is for Notion Mobile. They have gotten back with me and said they were able to reproduce the problem and QA will make a determination for the next release. That is all I know so far.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1