FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
hello every one , i am from curacao and i just ought the faderport 8.
i do have a question because ad the moment the faderport is working but under the version 1 if i would update the faderport to the latest version 3.3 i would get the following error on my usb port 43. if i would reset it back to factory settings the faderport works. but will freeze studio one eventually. i did updates from drivers , had some interaction with the helpdesk and even did check all my usb cable , drivers and so on. but everytime after i try to update the faderort firmwire i will get the same result . the helpdesk did ask me to sent back the device because it is still in warranty
but i do think the problem is not with the device nor with my pc but with the update of the firmwire . did any one had the same problem or something that looks like it and have a solution i was wondering

window 10/64 32 gig dell optiflex 990 I7
ssd 2 tb studio 4. 6.1
by matthewgorman on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:05 pm
Can you post the exact method you used to update the firmware? Can you post the exact error message?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by arnondewindt1 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:27 pm
hello matthewgorman,
thank you for responding . what i do is i put on the uc then the faderport 8 and the uc tells me you have to update . ok i do . and then when i did do the update complete. if i look at my device manager i see that the usb port of the fp8 is not recognized. and in st 1 the faderport is in my external devices but no midi ports . so i can not use it . the fp8 is telling me that the update was good and it is waiting on s1 . in the device manager under devices i see 2 fp8 one with a 0 and one with a one. all my other devices just appear once. so i did delete them both and reinstall the fp8 and it did not work the usb port was still on code 43 so i did reset de fp to fac defaults and now it is working a bit. but sometimes still freezing st 1

ssd 2 tb studio 4. 6.1
by arnondewindt1 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:29 pm
it was software devices

ssd 2 tb studio 4. 6.1
by matthewgorman on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:36 pm
Grab a bite to eat. Getting ready to head home, and I will chave mine in front of me. I think you are missing a step.

In the meantime, can you post the firmware version that UC says is installed?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

5 posts
Page 1 of 1