Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I upgraded to Studio One Pro 6 from Studio One Pro 5, and now my mixes sound terrible. I am using a Studio 1824c interface, and have never had any problems. Since upgrading to 6, my mixdowns don't sound anything like they should. Very muted bass, and the midrange is boosted in odd places. Overall very thin sounding. I have not changed anything in the setup, and the mixdowns from ver. 5 sound fine.
If I import the mixdown into a new song, it sounds correct, but playing back the mixdown itself sounds completely different, through monitors or headphones. I verified that I have updated versions of UC and drivers for the Studio 1824c.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
by SwitchBack on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:26 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

There is no reason why v5 would sound better than v6. So my guess is that one or more user preferences are set differently in your v6 vs. your v5. So do a close comparison, probably focusing on anything to do with I/O, monitoring and cue settings as what you describe appears to be aliasing (getting the same signal twice, with a slight timing offset).
by danmaclellan on Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:12 pm
Thanks for the insight. I will check out what you suggest.
by danmaclellan on Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:28 am
I can't see any real differences between the setups of 5 and 6. Additionally, if I put my mixdown back into a new SO song, it sounds great through the interface.

Playing even pre-recorded tunes is having similar poor sound quality, which leads me to believe it may have something to do with playback settings.

I am using the 1824c Line Out 1/2 as my playback, but I can't see anything to adjust beyond selecting it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

4 posts
Page 1 of 1