Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've just purchased my studio 68c usb interface, connected to one pc it works fine.
What I want to do somehow is to connect a stereo signal from a 2nd pc and monitor it in stereo so I wont need an additional mixer.
What I tried is to connect the stereo output from 2nd pc to the interface on channel 3-4 with rca-trs calbes but it handles them as two separate mono signals.
Is it possible somehow or do I need a mixer?
by SwitchBack on Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:52 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

I don't own a 68c but monitoring inside the interfaces tends to be mono (assuming non-stereo sources like a guitar and a mic) unless UC allows you to set inputs/outputs to stereo. UC (Universal Control) is the driver installer and control app for changing interface settings.

Same in the Studio One's I/O settings: You get to choose if Studio One should handle inputs/outputs as mono or as stereo channels.
by MátéNovák on Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:30 am
Thanks, I checked the UC but I can only set the sampling rate from there. I can set stereo monitoring from Studio One but the interface handles the inputs as 2 separate mono tracks by default.
So I guess I need a mixer or an additional pair of speakers in this case.
by themaartian on Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:49 am
MátéNovák wroteThanks, I checked the UC but I can only set the sampling rate from there. I can set stereo monitoring from Studio One but the interface handles the inputs as 2 separate mono tracks by default.
So I guess I need a mixer or an additional pair of speakers in this case.

To get to the mixer in UC, just left-click anywhere in the window that's not a drop-down menu, like on the image of the interface. The mixer looks like this (for my 1810c; yours might look a little different). Click on input 1, and then click on the stereo button top left (looks like an infinity symbol). It will toggle between Ch. 1 showing panning in the center or Ch. 1 and Ch. 2 with Ch 1. panned to the left and Ch. 2 panned to the right. Note that in the first image, Ch 2 disappears. You'll have to try both settings to see which works for you. Hopefully, one of the two will.

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro

4 posts
Page 1 of 1