FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
1 post
Page 1 of 1
Regarding to the FP 8 manual I would to assume that some functionality not correct described as should be.

Content 2.2 Channel Strip:
1."Channel Name and Level. Displays the Channel name and current fader level".

The regular track display does not shown the current fader level at all. Just when you touch the fader the current fader level will shown on display.

2. "Displays the channel metering. This can be turned on or off by pressing SHIFT plus the push button encoder in the Session Navigator."

No! Here it works just when you pressing the "Track" button and again to turn back to normal view.

2.4 The Session Navigator:
6. Section: "Encoder will nudge the selected event. Use the navigation
buttons to navigate through the events on the current track"

In this mode the navigation buttons are moving to the starter points of any events in the Arranger Track. (Like Intro, Vers, Chorus and so on) No matter what track is selected. If the Arranger Track do not have any events, than in this mode the two navigation buttons will do nothing!
In this case it is important to know, that the navigation buttons are working only as described in manual when you deselecting all 7 Session Navigator buttons! (Click button is independent) So, if no one of each 7 buttons is activated (illuminated) the two navigation buttons working as is usual like the left/right arrow buttons on computer keyboard. (navigation through events on each selected track) Even when using the midi editor. In this mode without selecting any of the 7 Session Navigator buttons also the push-button encoder will working like up/down arrows on keyboard. FD 8 seems in some details a little bit more complex than described in manual. Hope Presonus will explain detailed FP 8 functionality in future more clearly. With best regards

And sorry for my English. I'm from Germany

1 post
Page 1 of 1