Introduce yourself to the world. Share links to your website, pictures of your rig, etc.
30 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Hi there! I'm most commonly know in a few keyboard forums as Jeremykeys.
I'm currently living in Scarborough Ontario, Canada. I've got an older Studiolive 16.4.2 that I use as an interface to get to my music computer which is running Cubase Artist 7.5 for the moment. My wife and I just moved to this address so my upgrade to Cubase 9.5 Pro has to take a back seat to all of the expenses of moving.
I'm mostly a keyboard player but I also play guitar and bass and, well, I call it singing. Not sure if I want to know what other people call it. ;)
One of these days I plan on getting around to using a lot more of the features in my mixer as opposed to using it just to get all of my various keyboards and things into my coputer. I really don't like repatching cables and what with all of my gear, I've got all of the inputs filled so far.

On thing I really want to figure out is exactly how to record my vocals by having them run first through the on board compressor. I'm sure there is a routing that I'm not doing. If anybody can offer me any advice I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Jeremykeys!
by klypeman on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:08 pm
jeremythornton wroteOn thing I really want to figure out is exactly how to record my vocals by having them run first through the on board compressor. I'm sure there is a routing that I'm not doing. If anybody can offer me any advice I'd greatly appreciate it!

On the Channel you do Vocal have the button Dig Out lit, then you get the EQ, Compressor and what have you printed on that track.
Cheers !!

I found this in the manual:
The Fat Channel also gives you the option of sending just the unprocessed audio to your computer or including the Fat Channel settings in the recorded signal. When the Dig Out button is enabled, the signal being sent to the FireWire bus is post-EQ and post-dynamics processing; the button will illuminate to indicate this signal flow. When the button is disabled, the signal being sent to the FireWire bus is pre-Fat Channel. The Dig Out button is only available when one of the channel inputs is selected. The subgroups, main output, aux bus, aux inputs, and internal effects returns automatically send their signals post-Fat Channel dynamics and EQ. All FireWire sends are pre-fader except for the subgroups and the main outputs. For more information on using your StudioLive as an audio interface, please consult Section 2 in the StudioLive Software Library Manual.
Maybe that explain it better ;)

Windows 10 64bit Home, Studio One 3.5.6 Pro, Studio One 4.1, Cubase 9.5.2 Pro, Logic, Pro Tools, MacBook Pro, 24.4.2, Project, Firestudio 2626, Firestudio Mobile, Midas 320, Yamaha MGXU16, Soundcraft Spirit, Faderport 1+8, Mackie MCU, Softube Console 1, All Steinberg CMC´s, Yamaha SY 55, DSI Mopho, Roland JU-06, Impulse 49, KRK Rokits 6´s, KRK VXT 8´s, SE Electronics HP6, SM Audio Mpatch 2.0+ 2.1, CME 61, Nocturn 25, UAD Plugins, TC Touch, UAD Apollo Twin USB/TB Duo, Satellite Quad, Quad PcIe, Warm Audio 76, JoeMeek MC2, DBX 266XS, TC C300, Yamaha REV 7. Toontrack Galore.
by stankowalewski on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:53 am
Tropical Cuyahoga Falls Ohio :( I'm here looking for drum tracks so I can add guitar and bass just to mess around with. I have zero drum skills and not enough creativity to create my own tracks.

Gear - PreSonus Audiobox USB 96 HP laptop, various guitar and bass amps, guitars and a bass. Shure 57 microphone. Not interested in upgrading my computer.
by Bbd on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:26 am
Welcome aboard!

Check the loops provided with your S1 install. When using S1, instruments can use any MIDI loop that you can edit to taste.
Please check out our video section to see see all the different topics to review here:

viewforum.php?f=367

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed.
Search the ONLINE MANUAL, Create a SUPPORT TICKET and/or Post Issue.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.1, Notion 6, Series III 24, Steinberg UR44, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Cental Station Plus, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, Akai MPK261, Roland T6
by stevendick on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 pm
Cuenca, Ecuador
by chuckla1 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:08 am
Buckeye Arizona
by klypeman on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm
Welcome aboard !!
Both of you ;)

Windows 10 64bit Home, Studio One 3.5.6 Pro, Studio One 4.1, Cubase 9.5.2 Pro, Logic, Pro Tools, MacBook Pro, 24.4.2, Project, Firestudio 2626, Firestudio Mobile, Midas 320, Yamaha MGXU16, Soundcraft Spirit, Faderport 1+8, Mackie MCU, Softube Console 1, All Steinberg CMC´s, Yamaha SY 55, DSI Mopho, Roland JU-06, Impulse 49, KRK Rokits 6´s, KRK VXT 8´s, SE Electronics HP6, SM Audio Mpatch 2.0+ 2.1, CME 61, Nocturn 25, UAD Plugins, TC Touch, UAD Apollo Twin USB/TB Duo, Satellite Quad, Quad PcIe, Warm Audio 76, JoeMeek MC2, DBX 266XS, TC C300, Yamaha REV 7. Toontrack Galore.
by perryfisher1 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 pm
Cedar Hill, TN

Presonus StudioLive 32 Series III
by benwilde1 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:44 pm
Perth, Scotland!

I run Sound Sauce here in Perth, a mixing and mastering studio with composition/songwriting and talent casting services - and we work on S1, of course.

Benjamin Wilde, Chief Engineer

http://www.soundsauce.co.uk
One of the UK's leading mixing and mastering studios.
by Bbd on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:51 pm
From California Central Coast

Welcome all!
:+1

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed.
Search the ONLINE MANUAL, Create a SUPPORT TICKET and/or Post Issue.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.1, Notion 6, Series III 24, Steinberg UR44, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Cental Station Plus, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, Akai MPK261, Roland T6

30 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2