31 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
matthewgorman wroteCan you either PM, or attach here, the .song file? Also if you can note via from the timeline, at what point it is happening? No need for all the media, just the .song file for now.

Thanks.

Thanks, I've attached the song, it works if you render from bar 64 (01:48:00) looks like the "vibes" mixtool is rendering as well from that point properly.

Attachments
foresk.song
(278.93 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
by Jemusic on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:02 pm
I tried loading the song but there is just way too much missing from my system for it to be even useful. (plugins wise as well as media)

I notice there are 8 instances of virtual tape machines on the masterbuss or is this something my system is throwing up for some reason. I could not imagine why you would do that.

For me personally you have got way too much on the masterbuss all together. You are trying to mix and master at the same time which I always feel is the wrong thing to do.

I can predict that your mix will sound horrible as well with 8 virtual tape machine, exciters, bass boosters, limiters, 3 instances of mixtool (or is that also something that is showing up on my system as well, why 3?) and all that stuff on the masterbuss. No wonder you are having problems.

Learn to get a fantastic sounding mix with nothing on your masterbuss. (maybe console shaper, I get that) Master later with just an EQ, compressor and limiter on the stereo premastered mix.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4
iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface and Scarlett 18i20

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas - Eleanor Roosevelt

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-evans
by matthewgorman on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:18 pm
Please, let's keep the focus on the original question regarding automation. Users are more than welcome to post their songs in the Made in Studio One thread for advice and critiquing, but for now lets focus on the automation problem.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Studio 4, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves , RM16, Studio 192, DP88, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Yamaha HS50 Monitors, Sceptre 6-8 Monitors, Temblor 10.
by matthewgorman on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:25 pm
talanarney wrote
matthewgorman wroteCan you either PM, or attach here, the .song file? Also if you can note via from the timeline, at what point it is happening? No need for all the media, just the .song file for now.

Thanks.

Thanks, I've attached the song, it works if you render from bar 64 (01:48:00) looks like the "vibes" mixtool is rendering as well from that point properly.

Forwarded the file and forum link to the proper folks, so I will post back here with the follow up.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Studio 4, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves , RM16, Studio 192, DP88, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Yamaha HS50 Monitors, Sceptre 6-8 Monitors, Temblor 10.
by talanarney on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:22 pm
Jemusic wroteI tried loading the song but there is just way too much missing from my system for it to be even useful. (plugins wise as well as media)

I notice there are 8 instances of virtual tape machines on the masterbuss or is this something my system is throwing up for some reason. I could not imagine why you would do that.

For me personally you have got way too much on the masterbuss all together. You are trying to mix and master at the same time which I always feel is the wrong thing to do.

I can predict that your mix will sound horrible as well with 8 virtual tape machine, exciters, bass boosters, limiters, 3 instances of mixtool (or is that also something that is showing up on my system as well, why 3?) and all that stuff on the masterbuss. No wonder you are having problems.

Learn to get a fantastic sounding mix with nothing on your masterbuss. (maybe console shaper, I get that) Master later with just an EQ, compressor and limiter on the stereo premastered mix.

You'd be surprised how great this sounds...

Studio One v2 handled all of this and more without a hitch, not my problem if I use 300+ vsts
by talanarney on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:22 pm
matthewgorman wrote
talanarney wrote

Thanks.

Forwarded the file and forum link to the proper folks, so I will post back here with the follow up.

Really appreciate it, thank you!
by Jemusic on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:50 pm
I am glad it sounds good. From some of my experiences with lots of stuff on the masterbuss is it can get away from what you started with. And for the worse often. But I would love to hear a wave file mix though please. I wish I could hear it. I love the OPX II as well. It is a lovely instrument. I have had a few real Oberheims and just love that sound. It was one of the few synths that would stay in tune in 1980. OPX is excellent. Arturia Matrix 12 is not bad either. I still have a real Roland JD800 which sounds very fine and also a Kawai K5000W which also sounds very interesting.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4
iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface and Scarlett 18i20

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas - Eleanor Roosevelt

by Bbd on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:39 am
Just for reference:

Tested on Win 10 64 w/o an issue. I had MixTool and MAutoDynamicEQ installed pre-fader on the master and automated a fade at the end on the master fader. Exported a mix using the loop range.

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed.
Search the ONLINE MANUAL, Create a SUPPORT TICKET and/or Post Issue.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.1, Notion 6, Series III 24, Steinberg UR44, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Cental Station Plus, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, Akai MPK261, Roland T6
by Jemusic on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:50 pm
I tend to export mixdowns between the loop range as well. It all seems to work very reliably for me every time. Complex automation included. I prefer to automate the channel or buss fader itself rather than use the Mixtool which seems to be a popular method amongst some.

I create fades after mastering. It ensures the highest signal to noise ratio right through the fadeout. Everything gets faded even the noise if it is there for some reason.

by talanarney on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:29 am
Tried rendering on 3.2.2 and it's still not rendering the fadeout envelope. There's no really any ecuse for this, either it renders envelopes properly, or it doesn't, especially when I'm just using mixtool, it can't even be the fault of a VST. Never had this problem with S1v2.
by talanarney on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am
Is this fixed in v4?

31 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2