4 posts
Page 1 of 1
OK so I'm wondering if the 'Hide Layers' (right-click) command when you're comping totally deletes the layer or if it just 'hides' it? I don't see an 'unhide' command anywhere. The reason I'm asking is I need the ability to mass-delete layers. 'Remove layer' doesn't allow that. You can only remove one layer at a time which makes that process time consuming. "Hide Layer' does allow you to mass-hide the layers but I'm wondering if that data still exists somewhere in the session file taking up unnecessary space?

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 64-Bit Running Studio One 2 Professional
4Ghz i7 Processor, 16G Ram, 256G SSD
Akai EiE Pro - 4 Channel Interface
Focusrite ISA One & Black Lion Audio Auteur 2-Channel Preamps
by scottyo7 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:33 am
I find it easiest to right click on the instrument track you're working on and select "Expand Layers"... then a check mark is shown. (Right click on the track again, select "Expand Layers" and they all hide).

This allows all your takes to be seen per track. When your takes are shown, you can then click on the "X" and that will delete that take or you can delete many contiguous ones with Shift/select and random ones with Ctrl/select.

If you "Hide Layer" then I believe the only way to get it back to see again is via the "Track List" (next to the "Inspector").

Once you've deleted the take you want, select the "Browser" (bottom right) then the "Pool" above that. Now right click on the "Pool" and select "Delete Unused Files". A pop up box appears where you can check a box to delete them permanently.

You could also open the folder in windows explorer where you store your song files and correlate that to the pool to delete then via windows.

If you need clarification on terms in quotes, look them up in the S1 manual.

Please add your Signature/Info to your Profile here.
-ASUS i7 Laptop; 16GB; 2 Samsung SSD's; NVIDIA 670MX; Win 10 Home v20H2.
-S1 Pro 4.6.2; EZD2 2.1.8. A/I: USB Behringer UMC404HD.
-Synths: Camel Audio Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite, UVI Digital Synsations & SONiVOX Twist.
-Melodyne Studio 4.2.4. Ozone 5, Scuffham S-Gear 2.97.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars, two Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
-Fluid Audio 'FX8' Monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just Me
-Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by DreamCity on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:18 pm
Thanks! You actually killed 2 birds with one stone for me on that reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 64-Bit Running Studio One 2 Professional
4Ghz i7 Processor, 16G Ram, 256G SSD
Akai EiE Pro - 4 Channel Interface
Focusrite ISA One & Black Lion Audio Auteur 2-Channel Preamps
by scottyo7 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:39 pm
You're welcome. Glad I could help.
I've got lots of help here myself, happy to give some back. ;)

Please add your Signature/Info to your Profile here.
-ASUS i7 Laptop; 16GB; 2 Samsung SSD's; NVIDIA 670MX; Win 10 Home v20H2.
-S1 Pro 4.6.2; EZD2 2.1.8. A/I: USB Behringer UMC404HD.
-Synths: Camel Audio Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite, UVI Digital Synsations & SONiVOX Twist.
-Melodyne Studio 4.2.4. Ozone 5, Scuffham S-Gear 2.97.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars, two Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
-Fluid Audio 'FX8' Monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just Me
-Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT

4 posts
Page 1 of 1