78 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
klypeman wroteI just checked my Advanced system settings and it was set back to Balanced (?) never ordered that one and I want High Performance for programs.
Check if that is the case for you too (@PeWe).

thx, will check later ...

:)

PeWe
by PeWe on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:07 am
Jemusic wroteI have got OPX Pro II myself and will check for you in 4.6.2 I just have not booted it up lately at all. I am away from my setup right now but will report as soon as I have checked.

plz check VST3 !!!

Jemusic wroteAs a previous and proud owner of many Oberheim synths I am happy to report that OPX is a excellent software equivalent.

I used OB-8, 3 Matrix-1000, XK and Xpander.
Still own and use now overhauled XK and Xpander.

OP-X II is one of my fav plugins I don´t wanna miss for DAW work.

PeWe
by PreAl on Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:40 am
PeWe wrote
PreAl wroteWhat's your graphics card?
Maybe you have more than one if it's a laptop.
Nvidia?
Regardless update the drivers from Nvidia site (or AMD or Intel or whatever).

I use iGPU w/ latest Intel driver (for Win7, Win8, Win 8.1)
No laptop.
19" rackmount, 4HU ... AsRock Z97 Extreme6, Seasonic PSU
Intel i7 4790K, stock speed,- w/ beQuiet Shadow Rock TF2 topblow cooler, G.Skill Ripjaws X RAM 32GB, Intel HD graphics 4600 (supports Open GL 4.3).
SSDs:
Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe x4 for sample streaming, Patriot Scorch 500GB NVMe x2 for the other samples which just only load, Samsung 850 EVO for data (plugins, presets and s##t),-Samsung 860 Pro for system and programs.
HDD: WD VelocyRaptor, SATA600 / 300GB for audio track recording.
Interface is Sonic Core XITE-1 PCIe.w/ exclusive IRQ #17 ! No conflicts.
Can test w/ ASIO4ALL too.

It´s possibly some graphics- or other ressources related issue, but again,- it does not happen in Reaper w/ VST3 as also not when using VST2 x64 in Reason 10.x and 11,- AND,- it seems it´s.also only OP-X Pro II related in addition.

PeWe

I assume you are aware, but just in case you are not:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... -Assistant

Also download Samsung Magician and make sure your Samsung drives are on the latest firmware (that's probably not related to the issue but it's a good idea anyway).

You could try disabling turbo boost in BIOS (after updating the BIOS).

As I keep saying repeatably, just because it works in another DAW does not mean you have actually diagnosed the issue. You don't know what it is and nor do I.

Studio One Pro 4, Faderport 1, Atom, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

Intel i9 9900K, 32GB RAM,
EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
by PeWe on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:52 am
klypeman wroteI just checked my Advanced system settings and it was set back to Balanced (?) never ordered that one and I want High Performance for programs.
Check if that is the case for you too (@PeWe).

Just checked ... "High Performance" settings didn´t change here.

PeWe
by PeWe on Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:07 am
PreAl wrote
I assume you are aware, but just in case you are not:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... -Assistant

Thank you.
I have it ...

PreAl wroteAlso download Samsung Magician and make sure your Samsung drives are on the latest firmware (that's probably not related to the issue but it's a good idea anyway).

Yes, I use it since I built the machine.
Latest firmware for all the SSDs !

PreAl wroteYou could try disabling turbo boost in BIOS (after updating the BIOS).

Latest BIOS !

Because I use S|C XITE-1 DSP hardware and SCOPE v7,- Intel Turbo, Hyperthreading and all energy saving related stuff like E.I.S.T. and C-state crap is disabled in BIOS.

That´s why I said "stock speed" in former post.
Proc runs permanent @4GHz (stock speed).

PreAl wroteAs I keep saying repeatably, just because it works in another DAW does not mean you have actually diagnosed the issue. You don't know what it is and nor do I.

Can be ...
Let´s stop here until someone using the VST3 plugin w/ Studio One Pro 4.6.2 too confirms or reports different/better behaviour on his system.

For me personally, it leaves the option trying Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II VST2 x64 plugin in Studio One too.
That´s what I use in Reason, which doesn´t support VST3 at all.

thx again

PeWe
by klypeman on Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:27 am
Thanks for all the good info @PeWe and thanks to you too @PreAi hope someone with the VST can help.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 64bit Home, Mac Catalina, SO4.6.2 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Faderport 8, Atom, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Jemusic on Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
PeWe wroteI updated yesterday nite and surprisingly got clicks and pops when just only playing Sonic Projects OP-X Pro II VSTi in realtime.
Clicks and pops appear randomly when pressing and releasing keys of the controller being connected via USB2.

It´s Win7 Pro 64Bit.

Reporting in for OPX Pro II testing VST 3 version. 4.6.2 on both Win 7 and Mac systems. 32 sample buffer. I removed the VST 2 dll as well in Windows and it just opened up the VST 3 version no problems. No issues with CPU or clicks and plops. 9% max CPU usage for me with long notes overlapping. OPX seems to be still at 1.2.6 as well. Sounds great. Identical performance for me on both machines.

Hey this is out now:

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... v/overview

I owned that for a while too and loved it. Should never have parted.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8 and 2018- Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V4.6.1 (Mac), Notion 6.5, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by PeWe on Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:14 pm
Jemusic wrote
Reporting in for OPX Pro II testing VST 3 version. 4.6.2 on both Win 7 and Mac systems. 32 sample buffer. I removed the VST 2 dll as well in Windows and it just opened up the VST 3 version no problems. No issues with CPU or clicks and plops. 9% max CPU usage for me with long notes overlapping. OPX seems to be still at 1.2.6 as well. Sounds great. Identical performance for me on both machines

Bummer,- damn,- now I wonder what it can be since it´s only OP-X Pro II and SO v4.6.2. affected and the other DAW apps and plugins aren´t.
Also means,- all the other plugins work in Studio One 4.6.2 w/o showing the issue.
Only OP-X-Pro II does here.

Anyway ...
Thx a lot for info !

PeWe
by absyzero on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:20 am
Just checked - op-x II , vst3 ,vst2 all working perfectly in S1 4.6.2
with 32 samples and green Z enabled - cpu load near 3 percent ...
on my 16 core processor ...

Ryzen 3950x , 64 gb ram ...Rme MADI FX, RME ADI 8qs ...JBL 6328 monitors...Ns10 monitors....
by jasonmoore22 on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:20 pm
So.... we can no longer zoom using the track pad? It has to be done on the slider?
Cus'.... if so......uh...... that's sucks. Why would you do that?
by robertgray3 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:07 am
jasonmoore22 wroteSo.... we can no longer zoom using the track pad? It has to be done on the slider?
Cus'.... if so......uh...... that's sucks. Why would you do that?

Magic Pad zooming on my Macbook works just fine in 4.6.2, at least it appears to work the same as it did in previous versions.

Can you be more specific about exactly when it isn't working for you? Maybe it's-

- getting stuck?
- the mouse focus is going elsewhere?
- not a bi-directional error? (Is it every direction of zooming that's not working or just one?
- only happening with specific view settings in studio one? (like browser open, mixer open, etc)

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by karismolander on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 am
Has anyone noticed that autosave seems to be totally unusable in 4.6.2. Every time autosave triggers, the UI is stuck for a minute or so. I have a very small project, five tracks, Superior, TH-U and Markbass, that is it.
by robertgray3 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:57 am
karismolander wroteHas anyone noticed that autosave seems to be totally unusable in 4.6.2. Every time autosave triggers, the UI is stuck for a minute or so. I have a very small project, five tracks, Superior, TH-U and Markbass, that is it.

Does removing a particular plugin remedy it?

There are some plugins that work very poorly with autosave, has something to with plugin data caching, so much so that they can cause problems in small projects.

I've only observed slow autosave in huge projects which is another issue. Haven't seen a particular plugin of mine cause it in small projects but I have seen other people demonstrate it to me. You may want to try to narrow it down, would make it easier to bring up to the right people.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by mivey on Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:40 am
karismolander wroteHas anyone noticed that autosave seems to be totally unusable in 4.6.2. Every time autosave triggers, the UI is stuck for a minute or so. I have a very small project, five tracks, Superior, TH-U and Markbass, that is it.

My projects tend to be fairly large and I've noted that about the Autosave also. In some instances it takes more than a minute in which case I just leave until it finishes because it's like watching paint dry otherwise.

But I've also found it depends a lot on how much data is bounced during the save operations. For instance, if I take a 4 or 8 bar audio section, perform a time stretch analyze, quantize it and then dupe that section to the end of a lengthy arrangement; I can almost be guaranteed the Auto-save is going to take a good bit of time to complete.

Same thing goes for MIDI sections repeatedly duped to the end of the arrangement. Autosave will perform a bounce operation for every section.

Then theres the point robertgray3 regarding the plugins.

Another example of how it affects plugins is I use Melodyne a lot and have noted that if I'm working in the editor and that autosave feature kicks in; it will totally screw up anything I'm doing. If I have handle on a blob note, the autosave feature will shift the note far out of range where I'll have to search where it went to or perform an undo.

Overall, I'd suggest keeping in mind what you're doing within your Project and being familiar enough to know how much time it would likely take to perform a manual save of it. Because the autosave feature is simply doing the same thing from what I've experienced. It's not really adding anything more to the equation.

=============================
iMac Pro
MacOSX 10.15.5 (Catalina)
8-Core 3.8GHz Xenon
256GB RAM

Universal Apollo x8p
Presonus Quantum 26x32
Studio One 4.6.2
by IanM5 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:51 pm
Whilst it's nice to have an autosave option I turn it off.
I always CTRL-S whenever I've done something significant and I make extensive use of the Save New Version feature to save permanent snapshots of the song.

Studio One Pro 4.5, Intel i5-8400 @ 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (3rd Gen), Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3, Akai MPK Mini MKII, Novation Remote 25 (ancient, but not as ancient as I am)
Guitars, Mics, Synths, Upright Piano (tuned circa 2005), £50 drum kit, Wife (with Cello and Cello skills)
by dwmccurd on Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:11 am
I am using Studio One Pro 4.6.2 with Melodyne Studio v5.0.2.003 on Windows 10 x64 v1909 (have not installed the infamous Windows 10 May update yet). Intel i7 with 64gB memory, Presonus 4848 interface, & Presonus Faderport 2018. The problem I am seeing is a complete Windows crash (& reboot) when attempting to edit a simple, newly-recorded bass track (with no other plugins) using "edit with Melodyne". The failure is quite repeatable. I suspect this is a Celemony problem, but there's no way for me to know that for sure because it happens so quickly and catastrophically, not even a BSD along the way. In previous versions of S1 and MD this all worked flawlessly, but now my software is all up to date and I'm dead in the water. I've not had this sort of issue with S1 since I started with v2.xxx.
by PreAl on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:53 pm
dwmccurd wroteI am using Studio One Pro 4.6.2 with Melodyne Studio v5.0.2.003 on Windows 10 x64 v1909 (have not installed the infamous Windows 10 May update yet). Intel i7 with 64gB memory, Presonus 4848 interface, & Presonus Faderport 2018. The problem I am seeing is a complete Windows crash (& reboot) when attempting to edit a simple, newly-recorded bass track (with no other plugins) using "edit with Melodyne". The failure is quite repeatable. I suspect this is a Celemony problem, but there's no way for me to know that for sure because it happens so quickly and catastrophically, not even a BSD along the way. In previous versions of S1 and MD this all worked flawlessly, but now my software is all up to date and I'm dead in the water. I've not had this sort of issue with S1 since I started with v2.xxx.

Go to the Windows event viewer and copy/paste the full error message. Google for details.
If you are getting BSODs it's most likely drivers. Goto Intel driver update, update your display adapter and update your audio interface drivers and firmware (e.g. universal control). If there is a new BIOS available you might want to update that. In short get everything up to date.

Please show us your specs (check my footer below for an example).

Studio One Pro 4, Faderport 1, Atom, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).

by PreAl on Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:29 pm
Studio One V5 out now.
So is 4.6.2 the final 4.x release I assume.
It also looks like the final release that supports Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

78 postsPage 4 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4