3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there any way to extract a single sample from an Impact XT kit? Looking to assemble a custom kit, as I go thru various Impact kits I'm hearing sounds I like, but I'm seeing no way to copy/paste or any such. Opened up a second - empty - Impact instance and tried drag-n-drop to no avail.

Right click on a pad gives you the option to replace a sample, but not to copy or export what's already there.

So - any thoughts? Thanks!

Ric
by Jemusic on Sat May 23, 2020 4:01 pm
There is a way. I think from memory Lawrence kindly explained it. Its a bit fiddly but it works fine.

1 In Impact click on the pad you are interested in. The pad sounds have names but the name you are interested in is up the top in the middle under the sample display. Often the pad names are the same as the name up top but also often they are not the same. Its the name of the wave file up top that is important.

2 Open your browser. Click on the tab that shows the Soundsets. For me the Soundsets are under the Files tab. Then click on Soundsets as well.

3 Click the magnifying glass top right and a search field appears. Put the name of the Wavefile (not the pad name remember) into the search window here and it will show up as a wave file.

4 You can audition it down below to check.

5 You can just drag the wave file out onto an audio track though for further development etc..

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8 and 2018- Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V4.6.1 (Mac), Notion 6.5, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by ricstudioc on Sat May 23, 2020 5:25 pm
One mans fiddly is another mans straightforward :D

That worked a treat! And a damn sight less fiddly than having to record the audio, chop it up and then drag it back onto a pad.

Thanks pal - appreciate it!

Ric

Jemusic wroteThere is a way. I think from memory Lawrence kindly explained it. Its a bit fiddly but it works fine.

1 In Impact click on the pad you are interested in. The pad sounds have names but the name you are interested in is up the top in the middle under the sample display. Often the pad names are the same as the name up top but also often they are not the same. Its the name of the wave file up top that is important.

2 Open your browser. Click on the tab that shows the Soundsets. For me the Soundsets are under the Files tab. Then click on Soundsets as well.

3 Click the magnifying glass top right and a search field appears. Put the name of the Wavefile (not the pad name remember) into the search window here and it will show up as a wave file.

4 You can audition it down below to check.

5 You can just drag the wave file out onto an audio track though for further development etc..

3 posts
Page 1 of 1