8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone,

Spitfire audio recently released a free version (or $49, if you don't want to fill in a survey) of their BBC Symphony Orchestra virtual instrument, called "Discover": https://www.spitfireaudio.com/bbcso/discover/

It's basically a full orchestra, with limited features, limited articulations and only one mixed mic perspective. Pretty cool though, if you're new to orchestral music :)

I created a template to test it out, and figured some other people might find it useful too. So here are 3 variations on the Discover template:

- Simple: just the instruments in score order, with an articulation per track approach.
- Folder Structure: same as simple, but organized and bussed into the corresponding orchestral sections.
- Keyswitch: all articulations on one track that can be changed via keyswitches.

I also added the Soft Piano from Spitfire Labs to these templates, which is a felted piano with a mellow sound: https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

Just drag the files into the \Studio One\templates\v4 folder, let me know if it works, and go wild!

-F

Attachments
BBC SO Discover - Templates.rar
Make sure you have Studio One Professional (or the VST add-on for Artist), BBCSO Discover and Spitfire Labs Soft Piano.
(125.41 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
by frank.crow on Sat May 23, 2020 6:13 pm
Right on

Thanks 😊

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V4
Presonus Quantum
Line 6. BassPOD XT Pro
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
Art Pro Pro VLA II
WA76 1176 (clone)
EQP-KT Pultec (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MKII
Presonus. FaderPort & Faderport 8

"God's grace" :D
by IanM5 on Sun May 24, 2020 2:19 am
Excellent. Thank you.

I received my copy of Discover a couple of days ago so making a template for it is on my TODO list.

If you can be bothered and can work out how to do it the templates would be a useful addition to the Presonus Exchange.
https://exchange.presonus.com/home

Studio One Pro 4.5, Intel i5-8400 @ 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (3rd Gen), Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3, Akai MPK Mini MKII,
Novation Remote 25 (ancient, but not as ancient as I am)
by fransaartsen on Sun May 24, 2020 7:19 am
IanM5 wrote templates would be a useful addition to the Presonus Exchange.

I fully agree!
by bsrega on Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 am
How did you get the BBC Orchestra to be recognized in studio one?

I've tried it multiple times, had studio one scan the entire drive (Studio One & the BBC are on the same drive c:/ )

Thank you for a guide on how to do that!
by IanM5 on Thu May 28, 2020 12:54 pm
bsrega wroteHow did you get the BBC Orchestra to be recognized in studio one?

I've tried it multiple times, had studio one scan the entire drive (Studio One & the BBC are on the same drive c:/ )

Thank you for a guide on how to do that!

Have you downloaded and installed the VST player from Spitfire?

Studio One Pro 4.5, Intel i5-8400 @ 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (3rd Gen), Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3, Akai MPK Mini MKII,
Novation Remote 25 (ancient, but not as ancient as I am)
by Mucusman on Thu May 28, 2020 5:45 pm
Be aware that having a copy of BBCSO Discover (whether you paid the $49, or received it for free via filling out the survey) discounts either the Core or Pro version by $49, should you wish you later upgrade. Nice!

Windows 10 Home (64 bit), 24 GB RAM, Dell XPS 8920 (i7), Studio One 3 Professional, PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL, Nektar Impact LX 49, Behringer X-Touch One
by Jemusic on Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 pm
BBC Orchestra Discover requires you to download two things. The sounds plus another special plugin that allows you to open the orchestra. I have got LABS for example and this is separate to LABS. I have installed it and it all works fine. Its a pretty scaled down orchestra though compared to their full products. Still nice for free.

So under Spitfire Audio in the Instruments section you should see a plugin called BBC Orchestra. You drag that onto your Instrument track.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8 and 2018- Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V4.6.1 (Mac), Notion 6.5, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

8 posts
Page 1 of 1