2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have the Presonus Audiobox96 and I am having trouble connecting my mic. I have the MXL770 Compressor mic and an XLR 3 pin to 1/4" cable. I got my guitar to record just fine, but my mic will not work. When I say it won't work, I mean, when I plug it in, my interface detects it (the green signal light flashes and when I tap my mic it moves a little, but I can only hear a buzzing sound when I turn the instrument volume up all the way but still no actual words or sound). When I go into my computer and check the recording devices, it is not showing my microphone as being one of the inputs it detects and that is my problem I guess? I am not sure how to fix it and I have seen somewhere that I may need an XLR to XLR cable for mic, not a 1/4" to connect to the interface, but I don't see how that would be the problem. Any suggestions? Thank you.
by matthewgorman on Thu May 21, 2020 11:02 am
That info was correct. A condenser mic needs phantom power, and a 1/4" plug does not deliver phantom power. Connect the mic via xlr to xlr, and make sure the 48v button is on.

Also, an individual mic will not show up min devices. The PC will only see the Audiobox.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V4

2 posts
Page 1 of 1