Discuss Studio 2|4, 2|6, 6|8, 18|10, and 18|24 USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
1 post
Page 1 of 1
I recently purchased MacBook Pro 2017, macOS Catalina 10.15.4. and Presonus Studio 24C interface. I'm using an iRig Keys 2 Pro, 37-key controller. I have connected both the interface and the controller directly to the MacBook via USB-C. I have tried using Garage Band, Studio One 4 Prime, and Reaper. I downloaded Total Studio 2 Max plug-ins from IKMultimedia and while Studio One doesn't support plug-ins for the free version, Reaper sees them and is able to load them into tracks.

My issue is I plugged my guitar into the interface, using a standard instrument cable, but I'm unable to control the sound in any DAW using any plug-in (native or 3rd party). AmpliTube, etc. I've selected the Studio 24C in the settings, my microphone works, but I'm unable to use any plug-in for guitar amps or sounds. The plug-in loads, but I cycle through all the sounds, amps and everything and the sound never changes.

I have a similar issue with the controller that doesn't relate to the interface because it's connected directly to the MacBook. I'm just wondering what I'm missing in the settings because that, too, while being selected in settings, is not controlling plug-ins like Analog Lab 4, UVI Workstation, Miroslav, Syntronik or other native plug-ins.

I had no issues on my Asus laptop running Windows 10 using an Audiobox USB 96 a couple years ago. Was able to plug my cheap keyboard in and the guitar into the interface and control sounds from the plug-ins. I finally gave in and bought the MacBook Pro because I've heard it's much better for recording. I'm sure this is user error and I'm missing something.

I really appreciate any help.

1 post
Page 1 of 1