Discuss Studio 2|4 / 24c, 2|6 / 26c, 6|8 / 68c, 18|10 / 1810c, and 18|24 / 1824c USB 2.0 Interfaces Here
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi . Anybody knows if it is possible to control the PreSonus 68c sound volume from my laptop ?

thanks
by SwitchBack on Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:53 pm
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

The interface sends audio from its analog inputs to the computer. The levels can be controlled from the interface and before that from the sources connected. Inside the computer you can process the audio (including levels) but from there you cannot e.g. turn an input down when it's clipping.

The computer can send audio back to the interface. These levels you can control from the computer. On the interface you can further adjust those levels to suit your amplifiers/speakers and headphone.

So yes and no, bit of both ;)
by nikolaoskozakis on Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:21 pm
I see that UC surface interface is running on a computer and you can control the volume and other things at the 1824c and at the 1810c . I see at videos that when you open the UC surface interface and click at your interface on the screen the control panel opens . This doesn't happen to me with the 68c . 68c hasn't got this control ?
by SwitchBack on Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:36 am
The 68c doesn’t have the onboard DSP those other two interfaces have. The only onboard (zero latency) monitoring option on the 68c seems to be the MON button, which gives you a 50/50 blend of the inputs and the computer returned signal.
by nikolaoskozakis on Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:52 am
This is very bad and ridiculous if you think that a Tascam 102i a 200 euro audio interface has an excellent control software on monitor . Really disappointed for this and already try to send this device back .
by SwitchBack on Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:52 pm
In PreSonus’ defence: All information about the interfaces is available on the website. Read up on whatever you fancy buying, to make sure that it ticks all the boxes for you. You cannot blame PreSonus for you skipping the researching.
by nikolaoskozakis on Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:54 pm
Sorry but many things aren't clear about the devices . For example the 1810c has any ''control software'' on monitor ? Is the onboard DSP this , that I can control also the volume on the recording and the peak from this as from the led screen ? The 1810c has ''8 line inputs'' but the led screen appears 4 . Can I control the 4 line inputs on the back with the front volume knobs and can I see the 4 line inputs from the back in the led screen in front also? I ask you some things because there aren't good videos to explain the use of the audio interfaces and really some things aren't clear on the PreSonus site . FOR SURE I LIKE THE SOUND QUALITY , but I want an audio interface that as I can see the volume on the audios interface led screen and the peak , to see this also , and on the monitor on my laptops screen to control it better . Im asking you this and I want help about it , because I want to send back the 68c and if the 1810c has the features that I ask you, to buy the 1810c because I like this sound quality . Thanks
by SwitchBack on Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:30 pm
Your best source of information for those questions are the User’s Manuals.
Manual for the 26c and 68c
Manual for the 1810c and 1824c

In general it seems that inputs without meters are fixed gain.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1