3 posts
Page 1 of 1
STUDIO ONE FREEZING.

Ok I have a problem now. First one that isn't user ignorance.

I got XLN AD2, and got it to work with ATOM. However, I'll be just playing along with the tune, trying to come up with a beat - not recording it - and Studio one will freeze.

The mix keeps playing, but the screen is totally frozen. I can't turn it off, I can't clear it, I can't click on anything, and the loop just keeps playing. I have to Com/alt/delete and shut of S1 in the task manager. This has happened to me 6 times at least in the last few days.

I rebooted my computer this morning, loaded Studio One and Addictive Drums, started getting into the groove of a beat, and damn if in 3 min the whole thing didn't freeze.

This didn't happen on the last tune I did.

My computer is a Dell laptop, i7 8th Gen, 64 bit, CPU 1.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win10, 64bit.

2 guesses, that Addictive Drums is too much, but the same thing happens if I try to use Impact. And I have 8 vocal tracks with Melodyne on them. None of them have effects, but are all bussed to one channel where there is comp, EQ, and reverb.
Ok 3rd guess is that it is ATOM related, but I don't think so.

Those are the only 2 things that are different from the last song I did where I had no problems of any kind.

Buffer size doesn't seem to help at all.

The Performance Usage screen is says that CPU usage right now, with the song open but not playing, is 25%. That doesn't seem right. The only other thing open on the computer is FB since I'm obviously here right now typing this. CPU usage has jumped overnight, but I can find no other task that is burning up CPU. Nothing has changed in how I use this computer.

I sure could use a solution to this. I really just want to concentrate on the music and the songs and not constantly have technical delays that eat up entire days.
by Tacman7 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:28 pm
If you click the cpu meter can show you usage for every plugin.

Melodyne is a lot of over head for me. I comp a track then bounce all the pieces into one file.

Then I go into Melodyne and do any pitch correction. Then I bounce it to get rid of Melodyne and delete all the comps and melo from the pool permanently.

Try turning those 8 instances of Melodyne into wav files and see how it does.

Put your specs in your signature!

Studio OnePro 4 64bit Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram
1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Melodyne Studio - Nectar Impact LX25+
Where 'IS' Shitcreek? and
'WHY' would you go there without a paddle?
by shanabit on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:46 am
What Tacman said. Update your Melodyne if it is not current as well

S1 Pro 4.6.1
OSX High Sierra 10.13.6
2010 MacPro Dual 2.4 Quad, 14 GB Ram

3 posts
Page 1 of 1