8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone, I've had this recurring issue of Studio One 4 crashing, the audio stopping ... on a new Win 10 install. Cutting a long story short, the crashes generate a Dump File (attached). Can anyone make head nor tail of it?

Cheers for your time, Graeme.

Attachments
Studio One_4_6_0_55605_Win x64_20200116_160325041.dmp
Seems to be the same thng every time ...
(192.95 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
Studio One 6.5, Latest UC driver
by chrismarshall2 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:17 am
I had a similar crashing issue but never figured out the dmp file. Took me ages to fix - turned out to be some corruption in the audio file pointers: it thought they were there, they played in the pool, were all in the right folder, and they played in solo. But outside of solo some would only play about a 10ms clip, some would play fine, and others nothing at all. And then the app crashed! Older versions of the same song all did the same thing. Most odd.

Wood

Windows 10 (1909), i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface Pro, S1 Pro 4.6
by PreAl on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:52 am
Blue screen view utility.
What is probably better is looking in the windows event viewer for the error message.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by GMHague on Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:24 pm
chrismarshall2 wroteI had a similar crashing issue but never figured out the dmp file. Took me ages to fix - turned out to be some corruption in the audio file pointers: it thought they were there, they played in the pool, were all in the right folder, and they played in solo. But outside of solo some would only play about a 10ms clip, some would play fine, and others nothing at all. And then the app crashed! Older versions of the same song all did the same thing. Most odd.

But how did you actually fix it, Chris? This is similar - S4 will play back maybe 50-100ms of audio before dropping out, but still plays back VI's and you can still monitor armed tracks. Several reboots don't help until one, for some reason, does. Crazy. I understand what you're saying, but what was the fix for the corruptions? Thanks!

PreAl wroteBlue screen view utility.
What is probably better is looking in the windows event viewer for the error message.

Thanks PreAl, I'll try it. Otherwise the Windows WDK tool is a lot of mucking around to just see the DMP file contents. I'll have a look.

Windows 11 64 bit, 12th gen i5 eight core CPU, 32GB RAM, 1810C interface, SSD drive (system) and USB SSD for audio and samples.
by GMHague on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:44 pm
Got me stuffed ... seems to be getting worse, so I've submitted a Support Request. Thanks folks.

by chrismarshall2 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:57 am
GMHague wroteBut how did you actually fix it, Chris? This is similar - S4 will play back maybe 50-100ms of audio before dropping out, but still plays back VI's and you can still monitor armed tracks. Several reboots don't help until one, for some reason, does. Crazy. I understand what you're saying, but what was the fix for the corruptions? Thanks!

Sorry - should have said rather than leave you hanging! I disabled every S1 service with no joy, so I figured it had to be something to do with the audio file pointers. I'd already tried copying the folder directory elsewhere with the same result. So instead I Saved As a new song but without copying the audio. I then opened the new song and forced it to copy all the audio files into its new structure (I forget exactly which commands I used for this though). Because there was actually nothing wrong with those files it copied fine, the file pointers were re-created and all was then good.

What I'm finding interesting is that there's been a few similar posts since the last S1 update. Before 4.6 I'd never had something like this happen. I'm increasingly of the opinion there's something in the latest patch that makes the platform more prone to song corruption,

Wood

Windows 10 (1909), i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface Pro, S1 Pro 4.6
by PreAl on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:31 am
Can you copy and paste the error message from the windows event viewer in full please.

Blue screen view utility is much easier to use for the dump but the full error message is more often the giveaway.ta

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by GMHague on Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:42 am
In a good way, I'm not alone PreAl. It's all here as well ...
viewtopic.php?f=151&t=37365

My somewhat bizarre workaround of briefly using Edit View should get some comments!

Looks like it's a S1 4.6 Issue. Hopefully a quick fix is in the offing.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1