15 posts
Page 1 of 1
Lately I've been noticing a pop at the beginning of playback in my Sessions (using latest 4.6 build).
It seems to happen most often if the playback cursor is BEFORE the Start marker.. in which case it pops as it passes the marker, but there is no audio there and it doesn't happen every time.
None of my tracks are armed.
I I tried setting the inputs on some tracks to 'none' which seemed to make the problem go away for about a minute, but may be a coincidence.
Haven't yet found a 100% reproducible scenario.
I don't mind it so much during playback inside the session, the real problem is that the pop occurs in the render too after a mixdown. I have tried using online and offline rendering.
Same deal.
Anyone else experience anything like this?
by mikemanthei on Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:20 pm
Yes, this just happened to me yesterday. I have a little snap with some Reverb on it that showed up beginning of an export to an MP3 file. It starts right at the beginning of the exported file.

What's post curious to me is that there isn't an audio event or virtual instrument event going that far back. So I wonder what it's playing?

It sounds like a metronome sound. With Reverb :-)

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by mikemanthei on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:16 pm
I wonder if PreSonus is trying to fix that long-standing bug where MIDI instruments won't play if they start right at the beginning of the song?

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by Tacman7 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:55 pm
I set the loop marker back a bit when I export something I want to keep.

Otherwise the first hit is missing.

I don't have 4.6 yet though.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro5.1 64bit Melodyne Studio
Studio Computer - Nectar Impact LX25+
Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram 1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Kitchen Computer
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Radeon RX 590 - 16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 512GB SSD interface: Motu M2
by scottyo7 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:07 pm
Ah ha... yep, this happened to me too. :?
Except mine wasn't plosive or very loud - but was subdued... more like a 'muff' or 'quiet' pop.

-I zoomed WAY in to verify there wasn't any piece of audio or a midi note event.
-When I didn't see anything, I used the 'select tool' and selected 'everything' from the first event all the way back to the '0' mark and used "Delete Time".
-I then selected from '0' to bar 2 and selected "Insert Time".
-And I also Automated the Main track to Mute until the song started.

After doing all this, the pop-muff was gone. 8-)
I always have at least 1 bar before any audio or midi starts my song.
It's been stated many times in these forums to NOT have your song start at '0'. :roll:

Please add your Signature/Info to your Profile here.
-ASUS i7 Laptop; 16GB; 2 Samsung SSD's; NVIDIA 670MX; Win 10 Home v2004.
-S1 Pro 4.6.2; EZD2 2.1.8. A/I: USB Behringer UMC404HD.
-Synths: Camel Audio Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite, UVI Digital Synsations & SONiVOX Twist.
-Melodyne Studio 4.2.4. Ozone 5, Scuffham S-Gear 2.97.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars, two Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
-Fluid Audio 'FX8' Monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just Me
-Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by jBranam on Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:41 pm
even if you have silence at the beginning of a part to be transformed to audio... i have found somehow the tail on the end gets recorded/bounced/printed at the beginning of the export. as was stated... i set loop marker slightly before the midi part to be rendered then bounce the looped section between markers which seems to remedy 100% so far quietly. you can even get slight reverb tails that wrap around back to the beginning and is recorded at the start and that is beyond me lol but extending the loop section out the front seems to be a work around at least for me. cheers

Consistently Inconsistent

Ryzen 5 1600 : Asrock AB350M Pro4 : 32Gb 2400 RAM : Win10 64bit
Macbook Pro 13 : 10th Gen Quad i5 : 512Gb SSD and 1Tb Glyph Atom SSD : 16Gb 3733 RAM : Catalina 10.15.5
iPad Air 3rd Gen : 64Gb : A12 Bionic : 10.5 inch
Presonus 192 Mobile : Audient iD4
Ultrasone 900 Pro : Blue Lola : Blue Mix-Fi : AKG 240 Studio
Samson Resolv 50a : Ik Multimedia iLoud

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by markbuster on Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:40 pm
Interesting... I'm not rendering a looped region, I am rendering between two markers (Start and End).
And to address a couple of other suggestions, I definitely have no events before the song begins, and there is always a few bars of silence before the tracks begin. The Start marker is a bit before the actual tracks.
And it seems pretty random.. it only happens about half the time, and I've had it happen on both playback and rendered files....
Today it happened on the render of a project that I hadn't been having the issue on playback...
I think it's somehow related to Ampire but I can't prove that yet....
by scottyo7 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:41 pm
Hey Buster, what version of S1 are you using?
Care to add a 'signature' (see my signature below).

My issue* started in 4.6.
Hmm, I updated to 4.6.1 last nite with the same results. :(

Last week, I created a "Local" account (w/ Admin) on my PC to get off the initially created MS account.
I'm guessing * my issue started, when I manually copied over the PreSonus settings from the MS acct to the Local acct.
The "Local account" is where it started but it now happens when using the MS acct now too. :shock:

Here's a related post.
I'm going to check the items mentioned in it tonite against my setup.

P.S. The other odd thing is:
-The first nite it was momentary audio skips and dropouts.
-Last nite is was whole events that got skipped.

Please add your Signature/Info to your Profile here.
-ASUS i7 Laptop; 16GB; 2 Samsung SSD's; NVIDIA 670MX; Win 10 Home v2004.
-S1 Pro 4.6.2; EZD2 2.1.8. A/I: USB Behringer UMC404HD.
-Synths: Camel Audio Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite, UVI Digital Synsations & SONiVOX Twist.
-Melodyne Studio 4.2.4. Ozone 5, Scuffham S-Gear 2.97.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars, two Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
-Fluid Audio 'FX8' Monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just Me
-Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by robertgray3 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:13 pm
Happens here too, not sure why, so I can’t really be too helpful but you’re not alone :)

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by jeneelyons on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:31 am
Same thing happening to me only on exported files. the mute thing worked for now
by SwitchBack on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:28 pm
A pop at the start (or end) of a track can be DC offset. A DC blocker (Mixtool has one) or a high-pass filter set at 20Hz or lower as last insert before recording can solve that. Worth a try.
by remusdumitrascu on Sat May 09, 2020 1:12 am
This also happens to me. I've noticed that the track on witch I have the ampire plug-in makes a pop after the export is ready. If remove the plugin, the pop disappears.
by leosutherland on Sat May 09, 2020 3:29 pm
I get pops at beginning of track if a note starts at zero and it's on an automation fadein ie from zero volume.

I have a feeling that it might be because the NoteOn midi is being sent to the instrument before the Volume CC so the note starts at default volume, which is then almost at once reduced to zero - leaving a kind of pop. I think this occurs at the start of any event, not just at beginning of track.

Can be stopped by making the earliest note on the track/event start a little after the event start to give the automation a chance to set volume to zero - about the duration of a pop

...said Halo

Studio One Pro v4.6.2
Serum, Diva, Repro, Synthmaster, Massive, Syntronik Bully, MTron Pro, Kontakt/Reaktor, Xpand!2+AIEP3, PPG Wave 3.V, KLC, Generate, Battery 4, CA2600
Reference 4, Reverberate Core

3XS SQ170 Music Studio PC
Windows 10 x64 (1903)
i7 8700 Hexcore 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR4-2666, 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB SATA HD
Scarlett 2i4 (G2), Korg Taktile 25, Faderport 2018, ATOM

MSI GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro
Windows 10 x64 (1903)
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz, 16GB, 500GB 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB 860 SATA III SSD

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros, JBL 305P II speakers
by jasonbrakefield on Tue May 19, 2020 7:37 am
Just had the same thing happen to me the first time. I just got a new computer and installed the latest version of Studio One. I ended up muting the time before the first event like mentioned above. That's the only way I've been able to remedy it. Fix this, Presonus! It's very annoying!
by robertgray3 on Tue May 19, 2020 11:37 am
Until someone can duplicate it every time it won’t get fixed.

There are kinda two issues here

A) Audio or notes from later in the session appearing right at the beginning

B) a loud pop at the very start of the export

This happens to me maybe 1/20 mixdowns i export but I’ve never been able to find a definite step to make it happen 100% of the time. I notice it from some plugins more than others (Soundtoys, VirtualCZ, maybe AIR) but it’s not developer specific. Usually if I just export it again it’s fine. And if it’s Issue A I can usually tell immediately as I start the Export Mixdown process because i will hear some audio play for a moment that isn’t supposed to, such as some midi notes getting triggered or a piece of an event will play briefly and then stop.

TL;DR if you want to figure out how to reproduce it 100% of the time it will get fixed if you send it in, I couldn’t though so I just double check the first second of my mixdowns. Never heard it on a Stem.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2

15 posts
Page 1 of 1