4 posts
Page 1 of 1
In [insert another DAW here] it's possible for example to select several channels, open the eq and edit them all at the same time. Useful when adjusting a stereo pair, or 2 mic channels on a guitar cabinet. S1 allows me to insert to multiple channels, and to bypass multiple. But is there a way I could edit the HPF on ProEq for two at the same time?

Yes I could create an aux bus and insert over the sum, but that's not always ideal.

Wood

Windows 10 (1909), i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface Pro, S1 Pro 4.6
by Lokeyfly on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:48 am
Yeah, your solution was going to be my suggestion. Just a thought though, look into BlueCat audio plugins. They have some interesting VST plugin modules that incorporate ways to handle multiple VST's.

Give that a look. It's been a while since I ventured over there, but I met the owner of Bluecat at an AES convention. Really nice guy, and is a very creative developer.

As I re-read your question.......Keep in mind, if you set up several channels (even hosting different instruments), and you assign each of those channels a unique FX send, then that FX send will cover only those channels.

So create a new FX send, on those instruments you would want to re EQ together. You could even rename the FX send "Group EQ1". That FX send would have a Pro EQ on it. Thereby changing only those channels.

S1 Pro 4.5.x, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 Controllers: Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, Novation SL25 MKII, Faderport 8, Roland JV-90, Roland GR-50, Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Monitors: Mackie HR824, Yamaha HS-7, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01. Other hardware/Plugins and Libraries, contact me.

My music

On Bandcamp

On YouTube

Latest Album: Amber & Blue
by chrismarshall2 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:09 am
Thanks Lokefly. I'll take a look at BlueCat.

re. "So create a new FX send, on those instruments you would want to re EQ together. You could even rename the FX send "Group EQ1". That FX send would have a Pro EQ on it. Thereby changing only those channels." The trouble with the send approach is I'd normally want eq as an insert. But I guess if I sent pre-fader and pulled the source down that method would work. With the bonus that only one plug is deployed :)

Where I'd find this most useful is applying eq to drum overheads or a stereo room. It would be much faster to do these in parallel, rather than mute the right channel, eq the left (after panning it centre), then copy the eq to the right and reset the pans!

Wood

Windows 10 (1909), i9 9900k, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface Pro, S1 Pro 4.6
by Nip on Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:34 am
Had an idea
- assign eq parameter to macro control knob

this on two tracks.

Then tried
- quick grouping
- tried create a group

and moved on one track, but other did not follow.

So did automation to that parameter on each
- quick grouping of those two automation tracks

but still moving one fader for automation did not move the other.

But would be neat if any of these things could work in future.
Extra checkbox for grouping Macro Controls or similar.
Or for quick grouping.

And maybe macro controls and doing both is easier than on each plugin itself.

But as workaround on waves stuff .- a saved preset in gui on one, should show up on the other. And this way make both have the same eq setting loading that on the other too. But not live listening then which is the basic idea for best use.

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***

4 posts
Page 1 of 1