3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I don't remember this being a problem before in older versions of Studio One, but maybe there's some setting I accidentally clicked.

Let's say I have an instance of Impact XT open and I have a drum part written as a MIDI part (not a pattern). Okay, I've recorded a kick and a snare in one go-through, cool. Now I want to record a hi-hat part over this same part, so I press record and do it again. But instead of simply adding the hi-hat part into the existing MIDI, it creates its own separate MIDI track and lays it on top. So now if I want to edit the kick, snare and hat I have to somehow switch back and forth between parts.

Why does this happen?

Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, i7 3740QM 2.7GHz

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen 1

Studio One 4.1 Pro
by Tacman7 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:46 am
From new manual pg 53
Record Mode Options
Replace and Overdub
When in the Replace recording mode, recording over any existing Instrument Part results in the new material being recorded to a new Event, which replaces that portion of the original Event. While recording, you do not hear the previously recorded Event playing back, as the purpose of this mode is to replace the existing material.
When Replace is disabled, you are in Overdub recording mode. In this mode, recording over any existing Instrument Part results in the newly recorded material being overdubbed, or added to, the existing material. While recording, you hear the previously recorded Event playing, along with the material currently being recorded, assuming that you are monitoring the Instrument Track.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio ... cord-panel

Studio OnePro 4 64bit Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram
1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Melodyne Studio - Nectar Impact LX25+
Where 'IS' Shitcreek? and
'WHY' would you go there without a paddle?
by codyhazelle on Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:30 pm
Tacman7 wroteFrom new manual pg 53
Record Mode Options
Replace and Overdub
When in the Replace recording mode, recording over any existing Instrument Part results in the new material being recorded to a new Event, which replaces that portion of the original Event. While recording, you do not hear the previously recorded Event playing back, as the purpose of this mode is to replace the existing material.
When Replace is disabled, you are in Overdub recording mode. In this mode, recording over any existing Instrument Part results in the newly recorded material being overdubbed, or added to, the existing material. While recording, you hear the previously recorded Event playing, along with the material currently being recorded, assuming that you are monitoring the Instrument Track.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio ... cord-panel

that's it thank you!

Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, i7 3740QM 2.7GHz

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen 1

Studio One 4.1 Pro

3 posts
Page 1 of 1