7 posts
Page 1 of 1
For your voting consideration! Answers links are at the bottom of the list of URLs to vote on this feature request.

Transfoming tracks doesn't currently reflect sidechain routing's effect on the audio and Undo doesn't bring back the sidechain routing. Wouldn't it be nice if they did? Like Logic, REAPER, and I think Cubase it would be nice if Transforming reflected a moment-in-time snapshot of the sidechain activity's effect on the audio when a track is Freezed/Transformed. And when you hit undo, the routing comes back properly (if those channels are still there).

People have discussed this and requested this in these forums since 2011. I use, gosh, at least 12 sidechains in each finished song. So Transforming late in the game can become quite a puzzle to preserve all that routing.

Quick history lesson:

2008: Logic implements track freezing that accounts for sidechain activity
2011: REAPER implements track freezing that accounts for sidechain activity
2011: A post on the old Studio One forums asking for this behavior
2015: A post on the new Studio One forums bringing up that because Transform completely disregards sidechains, undoing it restores nothing
2016: A post on the new Studio One forums asking for this behavior
2016: Another post on the new Studio One forums asking why this isn't possible

Answers pages - vote here
2016: An answers page feature request with 22 votes
2017: Another answers page feature request with 18 votes
2019: Yet another answers page feature request with 17 votes

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by Bbd on Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:35 am
Voted +1

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by musicchamber on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:18 am
Votes on all 3 :)

Studio One Professional v5.1, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Big Sur, Presonus 192, DP88, RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Event Opal monitors. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by graytermedia on Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:19 pm
Voted on all 3. This is needed.

tg

Win 10 Pro | i7-6700K 4.00GHz | GA-Z170X-UD5 | 32 GB | nVIDIA GTX 1050ti | RME Babyface FC | Yamaha MODX 6 | Komplete Kontrol S49 | Studio One 5.1 | Pro Tools 2020.9.1 | Nuendo 10 | Komplete 12 | Omnisphere 2 I Keyscape | Trillian | Console 1
by kurtismcloughlin1 on Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:42 pm
Oh my god, plzzzz! I can use up to 50 sidechains in a finished project, easily! I always seem to forget as well and end up losing the SC info when I transform back. Also being able to route the SC to itself would be a major for me so I don't have to set multiple ducking reverbs up on different sends with the source the same as the trigger. It's a major cpu killer! I did this on Ableton for years, with ease before I moved to S1. Still think S1 is awesome but I really want this soo bad :lol: Kurt

Apple Mac Pro (5,1) 2009 3.33GHZ 6 Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 1333 MHZ DDR3
SSD
NIVIDIA GEFORCE GT 120 512 MB
Faderport
Virus TI
Yamaha 01v96v2
Bunch of other Hardware synths and other stuff
by robertgray3 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 am
kurtismcloughlin1 wroteAlso being able to route the SC to itself would be a major for me so I don't have to set multiple ducking reverbs up on different sends with the source the same as the trigger.

It’s a bit off-topic but I’m curious- what do you mean here? Compressors key to the track they’re on by default, how would sidechaining a compressor to it’s own track solve it?

I haven’t noticed any particular problem with the current system when using “multiple ducking reverb” sends aside from the Transform issue I mentioned in the original post.

Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Dual AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB
Quantum 2
by kurtismcloughlin1 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:03 am
gif hosting

Hope this explains. I usually do this via sends but I would like to do it on the channel itself so I can 'transform to audio' when I need too free up resources. I only want to use the compressor as a ducking tool. Duplicate the channel in routing mode, reverb set to wet on the duplicated channel(I can use the fader to set amount), the dry signal/synth will then trigger the compressor to duck the reverb, thus making a bit more space sound to pop through and not sound like it's drowned too much in reverb. It's a cool effect used a lot in EDM to make more space in the mix and it also sounds really cool. I'm ducking at extreme settings so I get this sort of sucking in and out of the reverb and the synth because I have the release set to slow and threshold set to -60. It really is more for effect but it does also makes space in the mix. I'm not sure if this technique is used much in recorded music because it's not very natural sounding? Maybe at minor settings? Hope that makes sense. The style of music I make is very reverb heavy with long tails on big lead synths so I have to apply this technique otherwise it would sound a complete mess and I really love the way it sounds at extreme settings. Having a bunch of these setup on sends can really eat up cpu after a while and I feel like such a simple feature can literally save me so much hassle. Make sense? Kurt

Apple Mac Pro (5,1) 2009 3.33GHZ 6 Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 1333 MHZ DDR3
SSD
NIVIDIA GEFORCE GT 120 512 MB
Faderport
Virus TI
Yamaha 01v96v2
Bunch of other Hardware synths and other stuff

7 posts
Page 1 of 1