3 posts
Page 1 of 1
hello,

I am looking for info on how to record a standalone instrument plugin. I have A 32 bit mellotron plugin that won't work with 4.5-- I've tried to bridge it without success, so I thought I could maybe record the standalone version into S1. Probably easy to do, right? Any methods?

Thanks!

S1 latest release
Win 7 sp1
16 GB RAM, i5, 3.2G
Faderport classic, Console 1
Guitars, amps, keyboards, etc.
by Tacman7 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:30 pm
I don't know how easy it would be.

There are virtual midi ports that you could learn how to use. That would send midi out of S1 and into your stand alone program.

Then to record the audio output of the plugin you need a loopback input on your interface. Might be another way but this would do it. So the sound from the standalone goes into your interface and then out of the interface to speakers or whatever. You redirect those signals to inputs that you record in S1. My interface has a loopback input so that would be best. If you don't have that you can make a loopback with a couple of cables running output to input. You don't want to monitor those inputs or you will have bad feedback that could damage your interface.

That could work if you have enough I/O on your interface.

Studio OnePro 4 64bit Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram
1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Melodyne Studio
Where 'IS' Shitcreek? and
'WHY' would you go there without a paddle?
by patrickbushaw on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:39 pm

3 posts
Page 1 of 1