2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Ok, so, i've been trying to figure this out for a while and I must be a total numbnut.

I use logic pro-x. When I record bass, i use a very distorted tone, like Type O Negative distorted. And i've been using the same patch for a while and I want to fiddle around with the tone. For my tone, I use the line 6 bass pod, the old school one that looks just like the guitar pod 2.0 only it's black.

What I want to do, is record the bass signal completely dry into logic, loop the playback and have the dry signal play back through my pod, so I can hands free fiddle with the pod until i land on a tone I'm happy with.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out. Im either an idiot because i'm missing something rather simple, or an idiot because it's not possible and I should know that already.

Any help would be appreciated.
by klypeman on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:56 am
Mind I have not used Logic in years. But I think I have a workaround if you don't mind that the terms are not totally Logic correct.
What I would do in your case is to create a third Output in Output on the DAW, record the dry tone with the output set to Main Out and then make a Bus set to use the third Output and with the finished recording(dry) switch the output to the Bus instead of Main Out.
On the back of your Project you have 8 Outputs connect the one you picked as 3 Output with input on the Bass Pod and the Output on the Bass Pod to a new Input (set up in Inputs) and fiddle away with settings.
There are other solutions but this is Logic and as i said haven't used the DAW in years.
Cheers :mrgreen:

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 64bit Home, Mac Catalina, SO4.6.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Faderport 8, Atom, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

2 posts
Page 1 of 1