1 post
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am in the process of switching to Studio One 4 from Logic Pro X. I have a question regarding third party plugins automation.

When drawing and manipulating automation for Studio One's native plug-ins and parameters I am provided with specific values of that automation (such as -3dB when affecting Volume etc.).

Now, let's say I want to automate a low-cut value on my Pro-Q 2. When drawing points and mangling with the automation it only displays very uninformative values of 0 to 100 but does not show the frequency. It only does so in the upper left corner when playing back the automation or moving the playhead position.

While it can be stomached with things like EQ, when automating Rate on the LFO Tool I need to have complete control over the values. Guessing whether 0.43 translates to 1/16 or 1/16t is painfully annoying. In that case the automation should end up snapping to precise values that the automated parameter allows for.

Hate to compare the two, but Logic does work like that by default and it adjusts the automation behavior to match the parameter it is modulating. Is there any way to make automation work similarly in Studio One?

1 post
Page 1 of 1