7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recorded four tracks of audio that take up about 2:30. The end marker is at 5:00. Is there a way to move the end marker or to select the blank section and delete it, or to select the portion with audio and keep it? None of the usual techniques for selecting seem to work.

Studio One 4, Windows 10
by Jemusic on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:05 pm
The Start and End markers can be dragged anywhere. Left click on the end marker and hold, then drag the end marker to where you want it to be.

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8 and 2018- Atom Pad- iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V4.5, Notion 6.5, Ableton Live 10 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by frankkirschner on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:47 pm
Where is the end marker, and what does it look like? There's nothing indicative at the end of the music I recorded.
by Mirek Mach on Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:22 pm
How do you know your END marker is at 5:00 position when you don't see it and you don't know how it looks? From create a new Song window?

Maybe you haven't switched Marker Track ON?

marker_track.png

win 7 x64, i5, AMD Radeon 6850, 16 GB RAM, Intel + Samsung SSDs + bunch of other disks, 2x 1920*1200px monitors;

Studio One Professional from v.1.6 (now 4.1.4), Melodyne Editor 4.2.1;

Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB, FaderPort 2018, Korg microKEY61, Kemper Profiler.
by frankkirschner on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:06 pm
> How do you know your END marker is at 5:00 position when you don't see it and you don't know how it looks? From create a new Song window?

Yes.

> Maybe you haven't switched Marker Track ON?

That was it. After spending a few minutes trying to find the Arrange View (it's not under the View menu), and looking at the tools, I turned on the Marker Track, and from there it was easy.

Thanks so much.
by sirmonkey on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:24 am
Quick tip: When you first create a song, the default length is 5 minutes. So that's why the End Marker starts out there. But if you specify a different length, the end marker starts out at whatever time equals the length you choose. So if you picked 3:30 for a song length when starting out, then 3:30 is where the marker would be placed. Of course, you can drag it to whatever time you like.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic,
by donaldbaarns on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:22 pm
Also, there are a set of shortcuts for moving the End Marker to where you want it.

IF the End Marker is off the screen (maybe 5 min) and your actual audio is 2 min (or 8 min), there are additional options:

Open Marker Track
Hold Alt/Option down, then click where you want the End Marker in the Marker Track.
No need to go find the current location of the End Marker.
("Ctrl/Cmd + click" sets the Start Marker if desired.) Very helpful if it's off the screen.

You can also select all audio on an existing track with a shortcut:
"Shift + Double Click" on any Event in a track, or "Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+A" will select all on the active track(s).

Then you can use the "Transport > Set Start and End to Selection" command. ("Alt/Option + Y")
That sets Start and End even if those locations are outside the visual range of your current zoom level.

I find those far faster than dragging the Markers around (although you can do that).

YMMV.

Don

Studio One v4.x Professional - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26
Eris E5s
iZotope RX7 Advanced
Windows 10 Pro x64-16 GB RAM
MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

Free: Narrators Toolbar Lite (Simple but powerful editing tools.)
https://youtu.be/nNKa2rKn3ug

FB group for Studio One Users - Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Tutorials for Narrators/Podcasters/VO/Dialog:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio

7 posts
Page 1 of 1