This is one of the solutions that may help resolve connection issues with the iPad UC Surface App to your Studio 192 via the host DAW and local network.
It is easy to determine if this solution will work for you.
1. Verify that you have the latest version of PreSonus UC Surface from the Apple App Story. Launch the UC Surface App (Version 3.0 as of the writing of these steps) 05/10/2019
2. Launch PreSonus UC Surface app
3. On Host Computer go to Hit Windows Key - Type in "defender firewall" - Click on Windows Defender Firewall" option that is provided in list
4. On the Left Menu Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off
5. Click on the option to Turn off Windows Defender Firewall on both Private and Public Network - Click OK
6. On iPad UC Surface App - Tap on Scan (lower right)
7. Your Studio 192 should be visible
8. Tap on Studio 192 Device - You should now have access - This is just verification of the issue.
9. Close the UC Surface App on iPad -
10. On Host Computer - Turn on Windows Defender Firewall - To make sure the computer does not remain vulnerable - Following Steps 4 & 5 above -
11. Click on "Allow and App or Feature through Windows Defender Firewall" on left menu
12. You might need to click Change Settings Button on top right of box
13. It is necessary to add all new setting -
14. Click "Allow another App" button
15. Click Browse Button
16. Go to this Folder - C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Universal Control
17. Select the First Item - PreSonusHardwareAccessService.exe
18. Click Open - Click Network Types button - You may need to select Both of These - Depending on the way your computer as Windows may have arbitrarily set your computer as a Public Network
19. Click OK then Click Add -
20. Click "Allow another App" button
21. Click Browse Button
22. Go to this Folder - C:\Program Files\PreSonus\Universal Control
23. Select the First Item - Universal Control.exe
24. Click Open - Click Network Types button - You may need to select Both of These - Depending on the way your computer as Windows may have arbitrarily set your computer as a Public Network
25. Click OK then Click Add -
26. Click OK to close Add windows -
At this point the Firewall should be correctly configured to allow access to your Studio 192. Leaving the option for both the Private and Public network does not have any risk of exposure. If you're using a standard home network router you are already fairly secure due to built in security of home network routers.
Keep On Creating On!!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests