I have a vital demo I've got to record in the next 24 hours and I desperately need your help beyond what I've managed to Google. I've 2 issues about setup of S1/Audiobox and 1 about connecting my guitar.
I installed Studio One on my old laptop 5 years ago and all was well but now i have a new Windows 10 laptop so installed S1 from the download page and plugged in the AudioBox but:
1) Got "failed to open speakers (Audiobox) on launch.
From audio settings I saw it was set Windows Audio with the only other option being Yamaha Steinberg ASIO. The Audiobox was listed as 'no audio device'.. I Googled and discovered I needed an updated driver availanle by installing Universal Control v184.108.40.206747. So I did.
2. Upon relaunch of S1 I got an error message about FireStudio and also about speakers not opening but when I went back in to audio settings I was able to select Audiobox. I thought this was the issue solved as I was finally able to activate 'record' in S1 and saw it turn red.
However the mix meter was dead and nothing happened in the main part of S1 - which scrolls as you record. That's when I noticed another pop up declaring "the audiobox failed to initialise"
Can you please help? I don't know what to do and I have done what the internet has told me to.
3. Finally have I hooked my guitar up correctly? The THR can plug straight into the computer and record to Cubase and Logic but apparently S1 needs the audiobox so I plug my guitar into my THR and then take a line out from the headphone socket (because there's no other way of connecting to the audiobox) and feed it into input 1 on the front of the audiobox.
I am on 64-bit Windows 10
OS build 17134.706
When playing around to troubleshoot - trying to record with Universal Controller installed and also uninstalled; running my THR via the audiobox and also without the audiobox - the best I have managed is:
1) The track in the main window 'lights up' in grey - finally picking up a signal - but doesn't scroll along or show the spikey soundwave thingy.
2) The mixer level moves and does go higher as I crank my guitar volume but I don't think it's getting a direct feed as even with no guitar at all, the levels are constantly moving (just at a lower level than when the guitar is cranked).
Please open a support ticket for your issue.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, ATOM
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests