4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sometimes when I click on Follow Song Tempo it makes the sample too slow. Is there a way to manually adjust the speed of the sample? For example, I'd like to change the sample's speed to 120% of its original speed.
by Nip on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:38 am
I'm thinking two ways

a) selecting the clip and modifying tempo in clip in Inspector at the bottom, where clip particulars are.
May take some trial and error, depending how much it defer from what is should be.

But check you have TimeStretch set for the clip first, Follow tempo only adjust start position of clip.

b) There are usuall timestretch options to manually just stretch right edge of clip to tempo grid.
Described here
https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/E ... imestretch

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by deangray on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:43 am
Thanks for replying, Nip. What I was looking for was a way to stretch the sample while it is loaded in SampleOne. FL Studio has a multiplier knob that allows that so I thought maybe SampleOne had a similar feature.
by Jemusic on Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:20 pm
Sounds like maybe the sample was not correctly tempo tagged in the first place. Drag the sample onto an audio track and open the Inspector. Click on the event and then set the tempo of your sample in the File Tempo window.

Methods for finding the file tempo.

You can try tapping the tempo or Melodyne can also calculate tempo for you. Another way is if you have a separate metronome just tap it and get it in the ball park and then fine tune it and keep starting right on a beat. Fine tune until it stays in time. Once you tag the file correctly it will always be in perfect synth to song tempo etc.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

4 posts
Page 1 of 1