AudioBox 1818VSL, 44VSL and 22VSL
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
It's a tough reality that presonus sold us these 1818 interfaces under the pretense there would be a virtual mixer with fat channels and monitor effect's etc. The Universal Control software dont provide 181 VSL owners a mixer and the old audiobox software doesn't run on windows 10. It's hard to believe presonus didn't support and take care of their loyal customers, I'm switching to UA Apollo...
DONE...
by cristofe on Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:18 pm
Microsoft and Apple made changes to THEIR OS that BROKE VSL. They are more concerned with their pc's playing nice with their phones and tablets than YOUR audio interface. Pro audio is considered a niche market and is of little concern to the big boys. Small companies like Presonus simply do not have the resources to keep up with them. Presonus is NOT the only company that has been thrown under the bus. The discontinuation of the VSL software was announced a LONG time ago. Do some research BEFORE you buy next time. Maybe you'll have better luck with UA.....or maybe not. You'll certainly be paying more to find out.

http://www.fandalism.com/cristofe

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by heinzhupfer on Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:58 am
Hi:)

On Win 10 it is possible to run the virtual mixer. You just have to install driver version 1.3, which is available here:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Audio ... /downloads

Click on "Show/Hide" .....all drivers and scroll down to driver 1.3.

I have it installed and it works without problems!

Greetz,
Bassman.
by kmurphy111 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:07 pm
I'm still angry about this. My 1818vsl is in use on 1.3 software in win10 x64 and it works. But because apple changed something and the developers couldn't figure out how fix it(on MacOS).
they decided to isolate 100% of the customer base on this product line by dropping support in Windows as well.

There is no excuse for this. It's proven to work in Windows 10(1803). I would never buy another Presonus hardware device because of the support(or lack there of).

Presonus, I still think you should FIRE WHOEVER MADE THIS DECISION, I'm surprised you didn't get hit with a lawsuit for false advertising. You advertised the VSL line as having 0 latency monitoring, fat channel effects, and routing. Then shortly after releasing the product drop all the features you advertised it had.

Perhaps all the VSL owners should e-mail the board of directors directly about it and say we still want it back in current drivers. Perhaps if we flooded Stephen Fraser and Jim Odom's mailboxes with a request they would reconsider it.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1