Requests or concerns about the forum itself.
Technical Support requests should be logged directly at http://support.presonus.com
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I for one, would like it in the forum if I was able to choose what language topics where shown in and the possibility to choose to not see the German or French or Spanish posts ect. as I don't read or speak any of those and are not able to help there.
I would very much like to see only the English alone, if possible, is it ?

Thank you.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Steve Carter on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 am
:+1

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by sirmonkey on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:48 pm
Verben de glischt essen bigilbrechten heinen. Si libtch beglist de schlotchen hindt!
Di franschlosen begeist und gunterhesit?

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by klypeman on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:03 am
My favorite German song is : DA, Da ,Da with Trio by the way. I like Plastic Bertrand from France too ect.

Everyone is Welcome but would be nice if I for one could read only what I understand and of course as an option to choose one language or several if so inclined.
Same goes for the ones that only read German, French, Spanish ect.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by SwitchBack on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:49 am
My slightly different take on this:

Sadly I see the community divide up along the language barriers. I'm not a native English speaker myself but I make the effort to communicate using this 'universal' www language. And it pays dividend to do so.

With the language subforums in place both the questions and the answers become exclusive, at the loss of all. E.g. for new Studio One issues the German subforum (I'm not a native German speaker either but I manage) is way more informed than the English forum, probably because S1 development is Germany based. That's a pity for the rest of the community.

So rather than blocking out that information I'd applaud initiatives to close the gap as much as possible. Difficult for sure now that Pandora's box is opened, but creating language bubbles certainly won't help. IMHO :|
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:51 am
The french, spanish and german parts of the forum are not doing so well and anyway they are only dealing with Studio One, no other products. As we have seen most of the new "members" of the forum are Studio One users and most of them are able and willing to communicate in the so-called "universal" language. I support the "one language philosophy", because the products are used everywhere on this planet and it's also fun to communicate with people from far away countries like Holland and Denmark... ;-)

On the other hand most of the users of PreSonus' products I know in Germany are afraid to communicate in a language they're not familiar with, therefore they simply don't do it. There is quite some communication happening besides the forum and since there is nobody representing PreSonus in Germany and many other European countries (I really mean "standing for"...), I see a growing inner distance among PreSonus' clients and ex-clients. Even I do not recommend PreSonus products any more, even though I use them since years and they're still ok for what I do.

I don't think that PreSonus is interested in "emotional commitment" any longer, as many of us has got to kow it in the early years. The loss of customers due to emotional lacks and systemic fails is frigthening, but the sales (especially Studio One) seem to do well, so there is no alternative to a communication in the "universal" language. Nobody buys PreSonus stuff because it's great and stimulating and trend setting. You have to live with what is.

:?
by sirmonkey on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:04 am
I clicked on some German posts and used Google translate. It did a very good job translating to English. I was able to follow everything in the conversation (and it was a lengthy one, with lots of nuances).
I used Google translate to interpret my silly made-up post, which was: "Verben de glischt essen bigilbrechten heinen. Si libtch beglist de schlotchen hindt! Di franschlosen begeist und gunterhesit?"
It translated it to: "Verbs de glish eat big-eyed ones. Si libtch beglist de schlotchen hindt!
The impudent enthusiasm and gunterhesit?

Pretty good, since the original was 90% gibberish!

Anyway, if you see a topic in German, or another language that you think might interest you, try Google translate. It works pretty well!

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1