I have recently installed the demo version of Studio One 4 Pro, swithched from Cubase 5.5.3. Yeah, I know I should have updated a long time ago, but I feel so familiar with the interface in CB5 and I haven't (until now) seen any reason to update.
My plan is to try Studio One 4 Pro and Cubase 10 (as soon as they release the trial), and then decide wich I will buy and continue to use.
I have huge problems with the timing in Studio One, it seems like the midi signal isn't syncing correct between the instrument tracks and I have until now only used VST instruments.
I don't get the same problem at all if I start a similar project in CB 5. I use many different VSTi's but not excessively many at the same time. At most I have used 15 - 20 on a big orchestral arrangement, that was no problem in Cubase 5.
I'm using Roland Cloud, EastWest Composer Cloud and Toontrack Superior Drummer 2 now, I also have Native Instruments Komplete 9 but it's not installed at the moment.
I think the problem is in the CPU usage, when I look at the performance meter in Studio One some of my VSTi's use a lot of CPU. The strange thing is that when I use the same plugins in Cubase 5 they use far from the same amount of CPU. Both DAW's and plugins are 64 bit.
The instruments I especially have problems with is some of the Roland Cloud instruments (especially System-8 wich is known for huge CPU load, but also SXR Keyboards and JV-1080) and Mai Tai, the only of the built in VSTi I've tried so far in Studio One. When I use the pulsating/arp sounds in SRX Keyboards or JV-1080, even the internal arp in the plugins is out of sync.
When loading the same Roland Cloud plugins in Cubase 5 I don't get near the CPU usage. I don't have the exact numbers now, but aprox, if Cubase uses 50% CPU Studio One uses 90 - 100% with the same VSTi's loaded and the same arrangement playing.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't load and try the performance of Mai Tai in Cubase (?) but the Roland Cloud instruments uses much less CPU.
My computer specs:
CPU: i5-2500K 3,30 GHz
Ram: 16 Gb
System Disk: 120 Gb SSD
Production Disk (only used for audio recordings): 2 Tb 7200 RPM
Second System disk (used for large software installations that don't fit on the SSD) : 1 Tb 7200 RPM
Sample Libraries: 4 Tb 7200 RPM USB 3 disk
OS: Win10 Home Version 1803
Audio Interface: Roland Edirol M-16DX (will soon be replaced with a Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2)
Do you have any suggestions what I can do to improve the performance?
Website (mainly in swedish): https://www.johanbakke.com
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe8-QI ... xuwMfQP3UQ
It could be your PC is overloading?
But check these too:
-'Quantize' settings. Adjusts from whole to 1/64 notes and affects resolution and where notes start/stop. Ensure your "Edit" window is expanded to get that resolution too.
-Ensure 'Snap' (left of blue arrow in pic below) is off which affects note placement also.
Lastly, read this link about your Studio One settings to help out with heavy loading VI's and if needed, search and review more info on YouTube.
"This is just my opinion... one of millions... so please only take it as such"
Add your Signature & Gear Spec's Here.
ASUS G75VX, i7 3820QM; 16GB; 2 Samsung 840 SSD's; NVIDIA GTX 670MX; Win 8.1.
S1 Pro v4.1.1; EZD2 2.1.7. Behringer UMC404HD USB A/I.
Synths: Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite. Melodyne Studio 4.2. Ozone 5, (all 64bit).
Akai MPK249. Six guitars. 2 Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
Rode NT1; Shure SM58. Faderport; KRK Rokit 8's; Dual 28" Monitors.
My Band: https://soundcloud.com/2guyzinabasement/tracks
Just Me: https://soundcloud.com/scott_pfeil
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest