4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Gear list:

Series iii 32 Ch Mixer
2x NSB 16.8 Stageboxes
Series iii 16 Ch mixer
SW5E AVB Switch

Scenario:

The Series iii 32 Ch Mixer to be used for House mix.
Stage Boxes used for most of the inputs.
Series iii 16 Ch Mixer in video booth. Intention to mix completely separate mix for broadcast.
SW5E AVB Switch to tie it all together.

Will this work, now that firmware has evolved since last time I asked?

Thank you.

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by wahlerstudios on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:08 pm
In the "StudioLive_Series_III_AVB_Networking_Guide_EN_11092018" section 5 you can find a description of a large AVB network with three Series III mixers involved, a second console as dedicated broadcast mixer: "A second StudioLive 24 is shown in a remote broadcast location on the network. Because this is an independent stand-alone mixer, it can source its input and output streams locally or from anywhere on the network and then mix them down for a live stream on a computer connected via USB, or use any of the analog mix outputs or the AES output to feed an external broadcast system." I don't see any reason why this should not work with the current firmware, but I have no opportunity to check this. Any added mixer (console or rack mixer) will "read" all 55 AVB streams. By default input channels 1 to 32 are AVB and USB streams 1 to 32. It is possible to add more than 3 mixers to the network.

SL16 | 32R | 16M

Apple routers | iPads | PreSonus SW5E & Motu AVB switches | Alesis iO Dock with AudioTools' Smaart RTA & Spectograph extension |
Yamaha S112, S15e, S10e, SM12, SM10 | Galaxy Audio Hot Spots | Mac mini | Lenovo Laptop | Studio One Pro 3.5.6
by martinav on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:52 am
Sweet! Seems I need to read the manual! Its been a little hard to keep up.

Owner of 32/24/16 Series III Mixers, 32.4.2 Ai, RM32Ai, Studio 192, FaderPort, 2xULT18,2x328Ai
by martinav on Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:56 am
Nice! Yes, I see this is a new manual. It seems it was written exactly for me. Page 38 is exactly it. Perfect! This is actually revolutionary. You are no longer stuck with a $30k system with Avid to do this kind of work. Great for the pro-sumer venue! Thanks Presonus! Its been a couple years in the making, but well worth the wait. In my mind, this is a good recovery from the Series ii snafu. It took a little while, but you have delivered!

4 posts
Page 1 of 1