Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi
Bought Notion 6 earlier today and been with a couple of hours.
I also have StudioOne 4.1.1.

I've found settings for split point - for record and import of midi.

But cannot get this into grand piano double staves?

I started with transfer from StudioOne, but same result. So went into separate midi to see if import setting works.

So simply want to select all bars of double staves grand piano and make a split point so left hand become lower stave.

I tried changing transpose thingy up or down octaves - but only become more or less extra support lines - never flows over to lower stave.

And bar 25 and some further down get strange in Notion but plays and look perfect in StudioOne 4.1.1 as well as other daws. This bar become 6 whole notes, both as played and visually - and nowhere close what is there.

So this is all translate problem in Notion.

I try to upload a mid-file and we see how it goes.
Thanks.

Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] PianoMidi.mid [ 5.65 KiB | Viewed 99 times ]

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***
by Surf.Whammy on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:00 pm
There is some useful information in this topic that should provide some help . . . :)

How to convert a single clef to a grand clef (when importing a midi track for example) ~ PreSonus NOTION Forum

Lots of FUN! :)

The Surf Whammys

Sinkhorn's Dilemma: Every paradox has at least one non-trivial solution!
by Nip on Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:08 am
Thanks a lot.

I liked the comment
"6) Then I had an epiphany, which is the way it works here in the sound isolation studio . . . "

You're a funny guy. :D

I consider Notion education money, nothing you can really use for anything.

I did the same in Sonar 8.5 from 2010, and it was a breeze to get two staves and the notes splitted properly. Just open Layout dialog in Staff view, select treble+bass, and split note C5 and done.

and nothing funny how it interprets the midi file either. And having key signature to D-major in Sonar track - you get the two sharp accidentals in place as well.

For reference I did in Finale Guitar 2003 - and it also interprets correctly. I thought for a bit something was strange about the midi file since Notion made crap out of certain bars in there all through.

I focus on StudioOne which is incredible.

I assume as Steinberg just released Dorico, after having excellent notation already in Cubase/Nuendo - there is a market for it.

Hope Notion get the makeover it deserves.
Best regards

*** Windows 7 Pro * i7-860 2.8 Ghz 16 GB ram * RME HDSP 9632+AI4S+Audient ASP 800 * GT730 ***

3 posts
Page 1 of 1