I did this in Cubase Elements 9.5 and I'm trying to do the same in Studio One 4 Pro:
- I load an instance of EastWest Play 6 (VST3) and assign an instrument to channel 1
- I assign a second instrument to channel 2 of the same instance
- I create a MIDI track and assign it to channel 2
- I modify the automation of the first track (e.g. CC 11) and only that track is affected (I select the parameter from the "MIDI Channel" folder)
- I modify the automation of the second track (e.g. CC 11) and only that track is affected
Now, with Studio One 4, I replicate the first steps using 2 instrument tracks, the first one using directly the play instrument on channel 1, then on the second track I select the same Play instrument and change the channel to 2.
I then type "A" to switch to automation and click "add / remove" to select the parameter, but I only have the "Audio" folder and then the list of all the MIDI parameters repeated multiple times, and it is impossible to tell to which channel they correspond to
Is there a better way of doing this?
It seems to work fine with the VST2 version of Play 6; using the VST2 I can see the "Midi" folder and select the MIDI param. for that specific channel
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest