FaderPort 8 and FaderPort 16 General Discussion
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi

This is really odd behaviour that im experiencing with the FP16, namely that in various sessions (small or large number of tracks) the Faderport loses connection to S1. The buttons stop illuminating and i get the "WAiting for Studio One" logo in the scribble strip.
I've noticed it happens with third party plugins but there's no pattern to the behaviour, in that it will do it with a particular plugin yet it'll be fine the next time i open the session. So it doesn't repeat every time i use the same plugin in different songs.
I've also had it lose connection even on songs with no third party plugs. Very bizarre behaviour. Not sure whether this is a known issue that can be either fixed by
1. a Studio One update
2. A FP16 firmware update
3. Third party plugin update
by Trucky on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:48 pm
Please add your system specs (see below) to your signature so we can provide a proper response. Thanks!

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (v1809: Build 17763.379), Studio One 4.1.4 Pro | Notion 6.5 | Universal Control v3.0.0.51747
Dell Inspiron 17 5770 (Intel Core i7-8550U 1.8 GHz, 4GB AMD Radeon 530 Graphics, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
StudioLive Series III 32 v2.0.15934
by Lokeyfly on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:01 pm
Hi Stew,
Congrats on the FP16. Adding the obvious, but it sounds like an intermittent cable, either USB, or xformer DC cable. Have you swapped out other USB cables?
See if you can get any repeatable action.

Silly you, post your specs. :)

Hope everything else is well.
James

S1 Pro 4.1, Laptop: VAIO i7, 8 core, Win 7 64x. Audio Interface: Audiobox 22 VSL, Audiophile 192 PCI-e, Faderport 8, Controllers: Novation SL MkII, Roland JV-90, M-Audio Axiom, Guitar controllers: Roland GR-50, Percussion controllers: Roland Octapad, Akai MPD-18. MIDI Patchbay: MOTU 8x8, Sampler: ESI-32, Mixer: Yamaha Promix 01.

My music

On Bandcamp

On YouTube
I had similar wierdness with the FP8 not receiving midi data anymore at any random time. Turned out to be a USB cable issue.

Also try a different USB port, and if possible a different PC/laptop. I dont have any good experiences with USB hubs either.. plug it directly into your system.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1