StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
As part of the public beta testers forum, I was a bit shocked when I open my account to see I needed to update my RM32ai, RM16ai and CS18ai with new firmware. Additionally UC Surface also was updated.
U
When I downloaded the firmware it was the same release as the last BETA versions.

Unfortunately as any of the beta forum users know, there were quite a number of bugs for us in that software, and after I installed all firmware -- they were all there again.

Can anyone enlighten me on this? Did I download the wrong ones from my account?

Was there an announcement I missed?

I will have to return to all the last stable versions of software AND UC Surface -- as for me I cannot use these still.

I would appreciate any news or help from any of you. Thank you

StudioLive AVB 16_32_48 AI Mix System

CS18AI | RM32AI | RM16AI | SW5E Switch
Huawei WS322 5Ghz Router | Static Manual IPs
3x iPad | Mac mini | Apple FW to Thunderbolt Adapter
Mac OSX 10.13.5 High Sierra

Previously owned: SL 16.4.2 | 1818VSL
by philmoakes on Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:03 pm
What sort of bugs did you have? I updated to the new firmware on RM and CS18 on Saturday and from then on was plagued with dropouts every 10 minutes or so. Also when I pressed the mute group button CS18, the mutes rippled across the channels rather than all going red. In the end I regressed to previous versions of firmware but kept the latest UC Surface and Capture and all worked fine.

CS18, RM32, RM32, HP4, ERIS 5, MOTU AVB SWITCH
by sjc193 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:05 pm
What was the point of having a public beta if they weren't going to fix any of the issues? And there were lots of issues, but for me having UC 2 be completely unusable over firewire was #1. It used to work fine, now it doesn't work (faders move on their own aka ghost faders). All I'm asking for is for them to make something that use to work, work again, but clearly it's never going to be fixed.

My first Presonus mixer needed repaired three times.

My current Presonus mixer, while the hardware is fine since day one, the software is straight up broke and will probably never work. I'm forced to use UC 1.8.

The new rack mixers don't have smaart spectrometers or wizards in them anymore, so I don't want one.

Sorry but this is not going to work for me Presonus, I'm seriously upset about this!

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 2 Yamaha S115V's
4 Behringer EP2500 amps, 1 QSC Amp
10 58/57 mics, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021, 1 beta52 kick mic
2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's
by wahlerstudios on Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:45 pm
I can confirm that the files for the CS18AI and RM32AI update are exactly the same as their beta versions. The files of both versions are dated March 14 and March 1, 2018. I have both versions saved on my computer.

Do we have to live with the many bugs...? Did nobody care about the reports we made? What was this whole beta thing for?

RM32AI + CS18AI sold | RM16AI sold
SL16 | 32R

Apple routers | iPads | PreSonus SW5E & Motu AVB switches | Alesis iO Dock with AudioTools' Smaart RTA & spectograph extension |
Yamaha S112, S15e, S10e, SM12, SM10 | Galaxy Audio Hot Spots | Mac mini | Studio One Pro 3.5
by samfisher1 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:09 am
This is all a bit concerning isn't it?

I check my Presonus account from time to time to see if the long-anticipated Firmware update has arrived, now it has I'm reluctant to install it.

I bought my RM16 based on Presonus' reputation for quality and customer support. I fully appreciate that technology moves on but I can't help think that legacy customers have been ditched for something new and shiny. It honestly makes me really wary about eventually updating my gear to anything new by Persons because I think I'm starting to sense a purveying attitude towards the customer. It's one I don't like.

As Steve has said, everything (pretty much) used to work. I bought the Presonus gear based on reliability and a confidence that it wouldn't let me down at a gig. I'm losing that confidence.

Please dedicate some proper time to this Presonus!

Sam
Desperately amateur, hopelessly passionate.

MacBook Pro - Mid 2017 - OS 10.13.6
3.1GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 2133 MHz RAM

StudioLive RML16AI
UC 2.8.0.48221 (Jul 5 2018)
UC Surface 2.9.0.49213 (Sep 10 2018)
Firmware v13731

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Apple MainStage 3.0
IO configured as Aggregate Device
by wahlerstudios on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:11 am
You will not see any problems, if you are using a single RML16AI. You have been seeing the "FireWire display lag" since you updated to UC 2.0. The metering shows "something", but not what you want and need to see. The display delay is about 1.5 to 2 seconds. But recording and playing back tracks via FireWire works fine as always. The update will bring some bug fixes and improvements, but for sure it will not "destroy" anything. I am using the April firmware since its release and haven't seen any serious problem when using a single rack mixer and even in wired or wireless combination with a CS18AI. In total I have used the beta firmware in about 60 big and small events. There was one single "accident" - when I wanted to use cascading of two rack mixers in an event. Since then cascading is no option any more for me...

Nevertheless it is necessary to say that there are manifold problems when AVB cascading and networking come into the picture. And the "new" firmware is not at all "bug free" and none of the results of the beta testing has been considered and/or implemented. The work we've done and the time we've invested was in vain...

RM32AI + CS18AI sold | RM16AI sold
SL16 | 32R

Apple routers | iPads | PreSonus SW5E & Motu AVB switches | Alesis iO Dock with AudioTools' Smaart RTA & spectograph extension |
Yamaha S112, S15e, S10e, SM12, SM10 | Galaxy Audio Hot Spots | Mac mini | Studio One Pro 3.5

6 posts
Page 1 of 1