6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've had to stop using studio one 4 and go back to V3 at this point. I'm getting quite a few audio dropouts when I click save while the song is playing. However, the biggest issue is when I bypass plugins the delay compensation does not correct. I have to stop playback or bring the song to the beginning in order for it to readjust. Not to mention the Melodyne errors etc that have been discussed in other posts.
The CPU hits from plugins seem to be worse the V4 as well. Pretty unhappy that they released this with so many bugs. I'm all for new releases, but I mix every day and I need a stable system. Hope some of this can be resolved in upcoming updates, so I can switch back to V4.
by Bbd on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:59 pm
Sorry you are having these issues.

Can you isolate the issue with specific plugins (not Melodyne)?
If you create a new song without them and test versus a new song with them, can you reproduce the issue?
That's what we need so we can try to test on our side.
Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by scottyo7 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:11 pm
To the OP,
I had something similar to this a few weeks ago. :roll:
Here's the whole thread which lists the things to check.
Ultimately it was that v4 was changed and I now have to move my "Soundsets" onto an internal drive (D:) whereas they've been on a USB external 1TB drive (G:) up until then. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by mixedbymatty on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:35 am
Bbd wroteSorry you are having these issues.

Can you isolate the issue with specific plugins (not Melodyne)?
If you create a new song without them and test versus a new song with them, can you reproduce the issue?
That's what we need so we can try to test on our side.
Thanks.

It's hard to say, cause I use quite a few different plugins. I use quite a bit of UAD plugins. But it seems to be a global thing more than an isolated plugin.

Mixing & Mastering Engineer
https://mixandmastermysong.com
by Bbd on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:51 am
If possible, please create a new song and try to test some of these plugs to see if you can isolate the issue with specific plugs.
Try to disconnect any external drives, anti-virus software, etc. as well.
If this does not help, create a support ticket. They may ask you to run thru these tests again.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by klypeman on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:19 pm
Remember that some UAD Plugins needs the buffer to be no less than 128 to function proper.
Record low, Mix high.
:mrgreen:

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

6 posts
Page 1 of 1