here the first 2 movements of a suite for orchestra I'm writing. All done with NOTION 6 and Vienna MIR Pro.
Very nice work, Claudio. Nice to see you, haven't seen you around here much lately!
macOS Catalina 10.15 with small AOC monitor for additional display
2 - 500 gb + 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 4 Pro
Thank you for sharing your two pieces Claudio, a fascinating subject matter.
I recently visited the British Museum for their Ashurbanipal exhibit which was amazing.
These are my initial and very subjective impressions as I listened to your music:
1) Good arrangement and variety in terms of themes and development.
2) I found the brass arrangements good, but felt the actual sounds felt very static. It is most likely down down to the library you used - was it the Notion sounds or did you use some other library?
3) I liked the snare ostinatos, but the parts felt too busy and repetitive at times, and distracted from the music.
A few specific remarks:
- the snare sound felt very dry and close-up, maybe add some more reverb?
1:03 nice build-up
1: 52 I liked the stopping and the sense of anticipation it created
1:57 maybe a rit. or slower tempo here?
2:21 good entry and cresc. with strings + brass
3:05 brass sounded static
4:19 nice instrumentation
5:16 love the distinctive orchestration and composition
6:42 nice glock balance
7:02 good brass - but it sounds synthetic (limitations of the library)
7:54 nice rall. dim. and percussion - it felt very evocative
- a lovely piece and arrangement
- intro - maybe too much percussion?
0:56 nice development...
2:40 static brass sound
4:20 love the sense of space here and the pacing...
7:39 a nice change of pace and mood
Once again thank you for sharing,
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests