5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all!

New here and I am sure hoping this is user error.

The problem.

When auditioning sound with guitar sim plugs whether vst 2 or 3 I am having to constantly disarm and then re-arm the tracks monitoring to hear any changes I have made to the plugin i.e. the tone I am after. Once a part has been recorded I can disarm monitoring and tweak to my hearts content.

VST Instruments work fine.

I did go in and change some of the monitoring settings to make it so any track did not default to record arm and monitor automatically.

Also it behaves the same regardless of the state of the green-z being on or off.

This has been pretty frustrating and it is honestly the first real issue I have come up against that I have not been able to fix myself. Other than this issue I am VERY happy with Studio One so far.

I am still on the latest version 3 and running windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any help.
John Goebel
by BobF on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:18 am
Do you maybe have tape style monitoring enabled?

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by WaterlooSunset on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:50 am
So when you adjust the treble say, it does not register until you click the plugin off then on? If so something seems amiss for sure.
I exclusively use AMP Sims and in V3 latest never had this issue. So far not in V4.
I use
Amplitude
NI GR5
TH3
Wave GR (this one has its own internal issues so i never use it anymore)

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by jpettit on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:41 am
Remeber you get completely different behavior with guitar Sims in Green Z mode.

This is because there has to be a shadow plugin that is used for monitoring and the plugin must support real-time automation parameters to the host.

Many vendors do not.

Amplitube 3 = OK
Amplitube 4 = No (pleaded with IK media for 2 years to send automation yet no fix yet. )
SGear = OK
Ampire = OK
NI GR5 = takes automation set up
Revalver = takes automation set up

You can see the lack of automation by looking at the History window in real time. If you move a knob and no automation signal is sent then the plugin it will not work in Green Z mode.

The workaround is to make you amp adjustments in non-green Z mode then switch to Green Z mode to record the track.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by WaterlooSunset on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:35 am
Thanks for reminder, Gads, i consistently forget about the ghost VSTs. I never use Z anymore though. That solves a lot of issues if your computer can handle the load :-)

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1