24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
My reluctance to embrace the FP 8/16 comes directly from my experience with the FP 1.

Something as simple as changing << >> to Back measure/forward measure requires an unsupported change to the config file that gets wiped out on the next update.

OTOH, using the FP1 strictly as a single motorized fader along with an LX61+ (which IS fully configurable without being wiped out by updates) is a pretty good solution for me for now.

When I go multi-fader it will be with a fully configurable piece of hardware or not at all.

Forum Moderator
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed.
Search the ONLINE MANUAL, Create a SUPPORT TICKET and/or Post Issue.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio One 4 x64, Notion 6 x64
Win10Pro x64 (1803) i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / 43" 4K | TASCAM US-16x08 / Event PS8 | FA06 / FaderPort 1 / LX61+
Waves Gold / Nomad IS3 / IKM Max / K11U
by Jemusic on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:22 pm
FP1 (Classic) and FP8/16 are nothing alike. FP1 (classic) is also a very old product. It is unwise to base anything on FP1 in terms of FP8/16. There have been firmware updates for FP8/16 which are only making them better still.

The rotary encoder now on FP8/16 scrolls one bar at a time standard. No special adjustments required and it always works that way.

The LX61+ looks like a nice controller for sure but even coupled with FP1 will be nowhere as deeply integrated as FP8/16 is currently with Studio One.

The thing with FP8/16 is you will never know any of it until you actually get it hooked up to your system. Then after a few weeks you will wonder how you ever lived without it. It makes fast operations possible too in Studio One. Really reducing mouse and QWERTY keyboard operations. Speeds up workflow in a major way. If you can get a lend of one I would look into that option.

I have worked with FP 1 (Classic) for a long time too. What I have found is even with FP8 having 8 faders in front of you actually improves your mixes. The fact you can look at any group of 8 channels at once and just fine tune them for balance puts you closer to a nicer mix. My mixes have actually improved since using FP8. FP16 would be even better in terms of seeing any 16 channels at once as well.

You can look at all tracks or just audio or midi or VCA's or buses. It is easy to navigate large sessions. Faders can show sends and also edit all the Presonus plugin parameters. I am pretty sure third party plugin parameters can be setup to also be controlled from the faders when asked to.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4
iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface and Scarlett 18i20

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas - Eleanor Roosevelt
by BobF on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 am
Am I able to completely configure any button/knob to do whatever I want them to do?

The LX61+ has very tight integration with SO provided. I don't use that. Instead, I have setup every knob/button/slider to exactly what I want them to do, not what Nektar set them up to do. It's actually set up as 3 devices in my system.

I haven't ruled out FP8/16 completely. It's just a big unknown at this point. What I'm really talking about is the ability to get an FP8/16 into a pure MIDI mode so that I can freely map everything in SO and other DAWs.

For example, I am able to use the FP1 with Reaper only thru the kindness of strangers that have provided a plug for Reaper that will handle it.

Forum Moderator
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed.
Search the ONLINE MANUAL, Create a SUPPORT TICKET and/or Post Issue.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio One 4 x64, Notion 6 x64
Win10Pro x64 (1803) i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / 43" 4K | TASCAM US-16x08 / Event PS8 | FA06 / FaderPort 1 / LX61+
Waves Gold / Nomad IS3 / IKM Max / K11U
by patm300e on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:14 am
I was looking into the FaderPort 8. I do have a FaderPort single channel and I still have it hooked up and use it. The single faderport has been rock solid for me and there is only one reason I got the X-Touch instead:
1 single $499 device controls Studio One AND my XR-18 interface with a single button to toggle between the two. That is what sold me. Yes, it will take a bit of getting used to the same buttons doing different things, but so far, I am happy.

BTW for the X-Touch users, I am almost finished the document I created for Studio One mapping too! When I get done, I will upload it.

Studio One 4.1 Professional on Home built i3 16 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Home Premium 120GB SSD (OS) 2TB Data Drive. Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, and/or XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. Single FaderPort , Behringer X-Touch control.

24 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2