A place to share your Notion files
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Here's a recording made with the new Synchron Player and Synchron Strings from VSL. Recorded directly in Notion 6.

phpBB [audio]

The recording needs some work, but it's not bad for out of the box.

iMac 27" 3.6 ghz I7 quad core 32 gb RAM Fusion Drive
macOS High Sierra 10.13
2 - 500 gb + 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
ResidentAudio T2 Thunderbolt audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Studio One 3 Pro

www.tensivity.com
by Rudi_UK on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:54 pm
Another beautifully executed piece. I particularly enjoyed the tone of the instruments and the extremely dynamic nature of the piece. Once again there is a sense of exquisite attention to detail that complements the musical intent. I love the contrapuntal play and solid sense of stereo placement. My only tiny criticism is that the first violins sounded a tad high on my system during the first minute or so... but that is a very subjective topic.
Well done!
by michaelmyers1 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:15 pm
Rudi_UK wroteAnother beautifully executed piece. I particularly enjoyed the tone of the instruments and the extremely dynamic nature of the piece. Once again there is a sense of exquisite attention to detail that complements the musical intent. I love the contrapuntal play and solid sense of stereo placement. My only tiny criticism is that the first violins sounded a tad high on my system during the first minute or so... but that is a very subjective topic.
Well done!

Rudy thanks again for listening!

I'm not happy with this piece at all yet, mostly it's the Synchron Strings I think. Maybe I haven't taken the time yet to really learn how they behave, but I don't like the attacks.

Since recording this piece I've taken to putting EQ on my first and second violins to take the shine off them. I read somewhere that a user thought that most string libraries are recorded with violins that are far too shiny, and listening to some of my recordings in reference to my favorite
"real" performances I have to agree. There's something about the sampling process that seems to emphasize the high frequencies. I also prefer violins naturally with more wood to them and less string, so you're right, it is a matter of taste. I also sometime boost the 250 hz range slightly for more of the wood body sound.

iMac 27" 3.6 ghz I7 quad core 32 gb RAM Fusion Drive
macOS High Sierra 10.13
2 - 500 gb + 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
ResidentAudio T2 Thunderbolt audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Studio One 3 Pro

www.tensivity.com

3 posts
Page 1 of 1