4 posts
Page 1 of 1
In a song, I have a time signature change from 4/4 to 12/8. After I added the new time signature, all of the midi information when displayed on the edit box no longer matches up with the lines on the main time line, even before the time signature change in the song. Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments
Final.png
Final.png (8 KiB) Viewed 105 times
by Trucky on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:19 pm
Are you referring to the grid lines or time markers?

For time markers, do you have "Chord Follows Edit Position" enabled?

Edit TS.png

Trucky

For help with an issue, create a SUPPORT TICKET. Select "Submit A Request".
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
How to get better, faster HELP.
Issues need to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce

Windows 10 (1803) Home 64-bit, Intel Core i5-4460S 2.90GHz, 40" HDMI Display (1920x1080), 8GB RAM, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Studio One 3.5.6 & 4.0 Pro | Notion 6.4 | StudioLive 32 Series III
by Jemusic on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm
Changing time signature after midi events have been recorded will have no effect on the midi events themselves and that is normal behaviour. Expected. However midi data should still line up to the new time signature grid or grid subdivisions though if the midi data was played in with the new time signature in mind. (see Niles post below re setting up timebase display options e.g. bars instead of seconds)

What tends to happen here normally is you play midi data against the first time signature and then alter your midi playing to suit the time sig change. And back etc.. That way quantisation options are also going to work properly as well.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4
iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface and Scarlett 18i20

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas - Eleanor Roosevelt
by niles on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:36 pm
alastairwain wroteall of the midi information when displayed on the edit box no longer matches up with the lines on the main time line, even before the time signature change in the song. Is there a way to fix this?
Set Timebase to Bars instead of Seconds in the Editor?

OS: Windows 7 Pro x64 | HW: P9X79 • i7 3930K • 16GB • HD6450 (Dual DVI @ 1920x1080) • RME AIO

4 posts
Page 1 of 1