11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Recently I bought and downloaded TAL-U-NO-LX-V2 to use as a synth VST in Studio One 4 Artist (I bought the capability of using VST's). When I was messing around with the demo, I noticed that sometimes when I started up S1, and tried to add TAL as an instrument to a track, nothing would happen. To fix this I simply re-installed the VST and re-routed the VST connection in Studio One to the proper file and it seemed to fix it, the instrument UI would appear.

However, the problem has returned and each time I try to click and drag the instrument on to a track or add it through the Mix window, nothing happens. It's an option in the instruments so S1 definitely knows its there and reads it. I've tried re-installing TAL, re-routing the VST folder,adding administrative permissions to the VST folder, and running S1 as an administrator - but to no avail.

I've also verified that the TAL I downloaded works with Cubase on my computer, so I guess the file itself is fine?

I've contacted the creators of TAL but none of their recommendations have worked. I am running Studio One 4. Any help would be amazing, thank you.
by Funkybot on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 pm
I hate to be that guy, but the VST2 version of U-No-LX version 3.0.0 runs fine here. Clicking and dragging from the browser to the Arrange window or Mix window both work as expected. Checked in Studio One 3.5.6 and 4.0 demo and got the same results in both. Using Windows 10 x64 here.
by Jemusic on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:36 pm
There is no bug with Studio One V4 and this synth. I have just tested and all works fine for me. Firstly you can either use the installers or just drag the DLL file itself into your VST plugins folder. The best place to put this is in fact in the Program Files/VST Plugins folder. And as you are on V4 being 64 bit only the only DLL file you should put there is the one with 64 in the title.

The installers will simply ask you where to put the DLL file so you can specify and once again the VST plugins folder is really the one and only place to put it. NOTE* The installer wants to put the DLL file in Program Files/Steinberg/VST Plugins. You need to stop here and use the Browse feature and put it in Program Files/VST Plugins. This seems to work compared to putting inside the Steinberg folder and including that in the scan locations.

Studio One should always have the Program Files/VST Plugins folder at least included in its scan locations. Also to be sure boot up Studio One, go to options and check Scan at Start up in the Options/Locations/VST Plugins area. Then quit and reopen Studio One. It will now scan your VST's. After this you can uncheck this again so it wont scan every time you boot up Studio One.

This synth is there and loads up every single time for me. Thanks for this as I do like the sound of this for sure. I have got the free version which is also pretty decent but this is better. It is not cheap though over $80 AU so I may have to think about it.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4
iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface and Scarlett 18i20

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas - Eleanor Roosevelt
by jordanrobey on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:07 pm
I'm fairly certain I have everything correct that you described, please take a look at these snapshots of my files and of Studio One. Is there anything else that could cause the issue? Maybe a reinstalling of Studio One?

https://imgur.com/2B14N6L
https://imgur.com/g5K8lqW
https://imgur.com/8Y1ncRs
by Jemusic on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 pm
What version of Windows are you running? That image of the scan locations for Studio One is definitely wrong. On Win 7 anyway the scan location should read:

C:\ProgramFiles\Vstplugins

The TAL synth DLL needs to be in that location.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4
iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface and Scarlett 18i20

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas - Eleanor Roosevelt
by jordanrobey on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:43 pm
I'm on Windows 10, no such folder exists on my machine.
by jordanrobey on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:51 pm
I also just tried to create that folder in that location, add the .dll file to it, then changed the VST routing for S1 to that folder, but still the same result.
by Jemusic on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:01 pm
Some research needs to be done in terms of where Win 10 stores its VST 2 and VST plugins. Not being a Win 10 user (at the moment) I cannot help much.

Maybe some Win 10 users can chime in here and tell us where Win 10 is putting VST2/3 plugins. Or where users are putting them.

by LBH on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 pm
The folder where you according to your images have installed your Tal is the folder Studio One uses for it's own plug-ins. Don't put your own there. It's not safe.

On Windows you can put VST2 plug-ins where you wan't.
New VST3 plug.ins is by default installed here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
Please read this article: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000177084-VST-plug-in-locations-on-Windows

If you choose the default plug-in install path, then i assume you'll allready have the mentione VST2 and VST3 path, when you install your Tal.

In Studio One you shall put the path to the folders where you have your own plug-ins installed. Don't have the path to Studio Ones own plug-ins there.

I'm a bit concerned if the above is what you have tried. But i would install Tal directly to the folders. If not then you'll get update problems for your Tal.

Install Tal before you open Studio One, And perhaps restart Studio One if you select location paths after that.

Hope this helps.

Motherboard: Intel DH77KC
CPU: Intel I7 3770, 3,4 GHz, Quad core - Hyperthreading
SSD: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO series
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
DAW: Studio One 2 and 3 Professionel - 64 bit
Controller: Novation SL-MKII - Automap
Soundcard/ Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
All is Fully updated including BIOS and firmware.
by JohnBW on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 am
If you can open the TAL synth in Cubase, then the .dll plugin seems to have been installed correctly. And Studio One appears to see it in the plug-in list, so that indicates it is being scanned.

I wonder if there may be an issue with the Studio One 4 Artist and the VST feature add-on? I believe the other responses here are from folks running S1 Pro so they are not testing Artist with this plug-in.

Do you have any other VST instruments that do work with this setup?

DAWs: Studio One v3.5.5; Sonar Platinum; Tracktion Waveform; Ableton Live Other: Notion 6; Overture; Band in a Box; AIR Ignite Plugins: AIR Collection; Akai VIP; Cakewalk; iZotope Iris 2; SampleTank 3; SONiVOX Collection; SynthMaster bundle; Syntronik; Tracktion; Waves OS: Win10 Pro x64 1703 System: Homebuilt Asus; i3 3.4Ghz; 8GB DDR3; Intel HD Graphics; Dual Monitors; Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 250GB; WD 1.0TB 7200rpm; PCIe FireWire Audio: M-Audio FW-410 Controllers: A-300PRO; Alesis VX49; CME Xkey Hardware: Roland JV880; JV1080; XP-30; Alesis QS-6; Casio CZ-1000
by danielbailiff on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:04 am
It should not matter where you install the plugins, as long as you tell S1 where to find them in the application settings.

For example, I've been evaluating several different DAWs so to avoid confusion I put all my VSTs in two folders:

C:\AudioPlugins\VST32
C:\AudioPlugins\VST64

I have the TAL plugin and it works great in S1v4.

11 posts
Page 1 of 1