20 posts
Page 1 of 1
Whenever I load a second song into S1 Pro the "play" transport button fails to work.. All the other transport buttons seem to work except the 'play" button.

Even when I switch back to the first song or even close one of the songs, the play button still doesn't work. I then have to shutdown Studio One and restart it and load only one song at a time.

This has been happening with every version from 3.54 to 3.56.

Would anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix this issue?

Windows 7 sp1 - Presonus Studio One 3.3 - Presonus Notion 4
Presonus Central Station - Presonus Eris E8 - Celemony Melodyne
Presonus Studio 192 - Korg Triton Taktile - Behringer X-Touch - Trigger Finger Pro
by jpettit on Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 pm
Where both song set up with the same interface and same I/O?

Is it any two song or specific ones?

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed.
Search the ONLINE MANUAL, Create a SUPPORT TICKET and or Post Issue.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum
by Steve Carter on Tue May 15, 2018 11:17 pm
Might be a silly observation but...
Are you allowing sufficient time for the song/s to load fully? Depending on your system spec's the songs may be loading more slowly to utilise ram/drive etc., during this time the guis are effectively disabled.

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One Pro, Melodyne Editor 4, Vocalign Project, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope N2-O8 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by sebastianholtzer on Wed May 16, 2018 4:40 am
This even happens from time to time when you only load one Song. I noticed this since 3.5.4.
But it can also happen during the work between 2 Songs and not from the start of the DAW.
You`ve to turn off one Song (the one you`ve loaded after the first one) then and it works again, most of the time here at my end. But sometimes it does not help. Don`t know why.
I feel with him cause if you have to accidently work between two Songs this can be a pain.

So at my (Windows) end there are a few scenarios:
1. Dead (from start of the DAW) after loading a Song
2. Dead after loading the second Song
3. Dead after (a while) switching between two Songs
by ksmason on Wed May 16, 2018 9:59 am
jpettit wroteWhere both song set up with the same interface and same I/O?

Is it any two song or specific ones?

Hi jpettit, this issue has been happening with any two songs and they were all using the same I/O and interface (Studio 192).

Steve Carter wroteMight be a silly observation but...
Are you allowing sufficient time for the song/s to load fully? Depending on your system spec's the songs may be loading more slowly to utilise ram/drive etc., during this time the guis are effectively disabled.

Hi Steve, I've been giving the second song(s) up to 5 minutes.to load. To me, at least, that sounds like a reasonable amount of time for 16 or so tracks of audio with minimal effects to fully load. :)

Windows 7 sp1 - Presonus Studio One 3.3 - Presonus Notion 4
Presonus Central Station - Presonus Eris E8 - Celemony Melodyne
Presonus Studio 192 - Korg Triton Taktile - Behringer X-Touch - Trigger Finger Pro
by jpettit on Wed May 16, 2018 11:02 am
Never heard this one before.
Have you made a support ticket?

Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

SPECS:Win 10 64-bit, 12 Core i7: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 40" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24, Quantum, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6,Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro 4.0, Reaper 5.9, Sonar Platinum
by mikemanthei on Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 pm
That is indeed curious. The only time I've had the play command not work is when my digital converter / interface is not accessible... so that seems like the obvious first step in troubleshooting

Studio One v3 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20
6-core Windows 7 64bit - 2.8 GHZ - 8GB RAM - SSHD
Presonus FaderPort 8
by sebastianholtzer on Thu May 17, 2018 5:54 am
jpettit wroteNever head this one before.
Have you made a support ticket?

That`s not true.
It was reported in the 3.5.5 general discussion thread. I can`t find this thread anymore to give the link to it`s post. But I can rememeber, cause I wrote it down that I noticed it cause i had to work between 2 songs due to the rebuild.
by Bbd on Thu May 17, 2018 7:15 am
Not having this issue on Win 10 64. Just did a quick test of several simple songs. Switching to each one and selecting Play worked fine.
Does this happen if you create new songs with just one track and no plugs (very basic)?

Bbd

Search the ONLINE MANUAL, Create a SUPPORT TICKET and/or Post Issue.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.1, Notion 6, Series III 24, Steinberg UR44, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Cental Station Plus, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, Akai MPK261, Roland T6
by sebastianholtzer on Thu May 17, 2018 3:31 pm
Bbd wroteNot having this issue on Win 10 64. Just did a quick test of several simple songs. Switching to each one and selecting Play worked fine.
Does this happen if you create new songs with just one track and no plugs (very basic)?

As far as I can remember even if you start a project with no tracks, just to make a small jam session and playing a bit without loading a template this can happen. But this is not so strong in my mind. Strong in my mind is having this so many times during work on Projects I`m working for a longer time now. But i`m sure it`s even on 0 Track Size Songs. I bet on.
The problem for me is that I can remember better things that happen all the time, and most of the time I load songs files I've been working on for a while.

I`m on Win 10 too and the system is really well maintained. But I have another Problem with Performance after bouncing and transform to audio and I contacted ESI in Germany two days ago. So maybe it`s on my/our end. :?:
by bartbalint on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:05 am
I know, old thread, but I am having the same issue with the Transport 'Play' button. I can start a new thread if the forum thinks that would be better.

Just started yesterday, Studio One 4 started normally without issue. I picked empty project which opened fine. Pasted one short wav file. NO VST's, No FX's. No Looping selected. Audio track created. Went to play it. 'Play' button on the transport lights up, but nothing happens. Nothing moves. 'Stop' button cancels play. I can rewind, forward without issue, but 'Play' just doesn't work. Doesn't work when picking out a Loop out of the browser.

I closed that project. rebooted, restarted, reinitialized SOv4. same outcome. Also tried loading a previous project which loaded fine, but again 'Play' button doesn't work. I can open an instance of Melodyne, but again, 'Play' lights, but nothing moves.

'Play' and control surfaces work fine in Cakewalk by Bandlab and Cubase. I am running the latest build of Win10, all updated. Graphics card drivers have been the same for months. MCU-PRO, VS-100, and Motif Classic 6 all working in Cake and Cubase.

Seems like something in settings has been screwed. Anyone find any other fixes? thanks!!

Studio One v4, Win10 1803, VS100, Yamaha Motif6, MCU-Pro, Wacom pen tablet, GR55, Focusrite ASA one
by sebastianholtzer on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:04 am
bartbalint wroteI know, old thread, but I am having the same issue with the Transport 'Play' button. I can start a new thread if the forum thinks that would be better.

Just started yesterday, Studio One 4 started normally without issue. I picked empty project which opened fine. Pasted one short wav file. NO VST's, No FX's. No Looping selected. Audio track created. Went to play it. 'Play' button on the transport lights up, but nothing happens. Nothing moves. 'Stop' button cancels play. I can rewind, forward without issue, but 'Play' just doesn't work. Doesn't work when picking out a Loop out of the browser.

I closed that project. rebooted, restarted, reinitialized SOv4. same outcome. Also tried loading a previous project which loaded fine, but again 'Play' button doesn't work. I can open an instance of Melodyne, but again, 'Play' lights, but nothing moves.

'Play' and control surfaces work fine in Cakewalk by Bandlab and Cubase. I am running the latest build of Win10, all updated. Graphics card drivers have been the same for months. MCU-PRO, VS-100, and Motif Classic 6 all working in Cake and Cubase.

Seems like something in settings has been screwed. Anyone find any other fixes? thanks!!

Workaround from v3: Click on your input channel source on top of your main fader. Select none as input, agree and then switch back to your audio interface channels as input source. Works fine as userfix in v3 but of course still needs to be fixed.
by jpettit on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:43 am
I accidentally created a scenario like this when move eliminating and replacing drives.

If the default use area is pointing to a drive that is not there S1 will boot and look normal but will not record or play.

Maybe you have a drive going on or off line.

by bartbalint on Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:30 pm
"Workaround from v3: Click on your input channel source on top of your main fader. Select none as input, agree and then switch back to your audio interface channels as input source. Works fine as userfix in v3 but of course still needs to be fixed."

- I tried this a few times, but selecting 'none' for input of main fader, then reselecting 'output1 and 2' did not change the non-play behaviour. Thanks! I will, of course, try it again later this evening.

jpettit wroteI accidentally created a scenario like this when move eliminating and replacing drives.

If the default use area is pointing to a drive that is not there S1 will boot and look normal but will not record or play.

I have had my external backup drive 'disappear' for a few days last week. Now it is found and shows up correctly in device manager. There is a reference to a 'SoundFont' folder in the Studio One setup that I cannot find. It is referenced in quite a few songs, but I can't find it under any Presonus folders, or in general. So, I will keep looking in this regard. Thanks.

Studio One v4, Win10 1803, VS100, Yamaha Motif6, MCU-Pro, Wacom pen tablet, GR55, Focusrite ASA one
by bartbalint on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:15 pm
jpettit wroteI accidentally created a scenario like this when move eliminating and replacing drives.

So I meant to ask how you managed to fix this?

Thanks

by jpettit on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:35 pm
bartbalint wrote

Maybe you have a drive going on or offline.

Thanks

I was moving around drives.
Simply set your user data path to a real path where your songs are at 100% of the time.

by sebastianholtzer on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:48 pm

I`m using S.M.A.R.T and Intel Rapid Storage to save Energy on my HDD and extend their life.
Could that causing it at my end? As you know we`re leaving nuclear energy and power has become very, very expensive. At least here in Hamburg.
If it is the evil one: I can live with that and will go one saving money and energy.
by bartbalint on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:33 pm
jpettit wrote
bartbalint wrote

Maybe you have a drive going on or offline.

Thanks

I was moving around drives.
Simply set your user data path to a real path where your songs are at 100% of the time.

I will do this, and check into assigning permanent drive letters in WIN 10.

Does the missing 'SoundFont' folder have anything to do with this?

by jpettit on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:05 am
Only if you are using a SoundFont.

by bartbalint on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:15 pm
I was not using a SoundFont, so having nothing in that directory would be appropriate. Nothing I tried worked to restore functionality to 'Play.' I did put in for a support ticket, but don't be surprised when I report that I haven't heard anything. All of my hard drives were working and reporting normally. I am very suspicious that some sort of hard drive interruptis was the cause, and then Studio One wrote this in setup somewhere. Perhaps!

So I did uninstall everything including the setup/preferences folder, and I went through the registry hunting all entries for PreSonus and Studio One. Reinstalled everything from the a clean slate, and this time I did keep everything on the same hard drive. For my level of use, probably okay.

Now Studio Onev4 is being nice and 'Plays' once more. Refreshing! I did keep a back up copy of the setup folder. And I will compare some of it to the new install and see if I see anything obvious.

The great part of all this was that my Waves plugins showed up and were registered with out any issue at all! And without adding any extra VST paths like I did before.

20 posts
Page 1 of 1