Discuss Progression for iPad here.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Having some problems with Progression for Ipad , having imported some midi files of classical pieces ,
because of the " pickup " note( s) at the start of many of the pieces , the software has shifted subsequent notes into each next bar .

Firstly the ipad manual doesnt even mention pickups , even though there is a menu option " make pickup bar " in the floating bar menu .
However , going to the more detailed PC manual for this info doesnt help as the explanation seems to suggest " make pickup bar" option on PC version appears in measure menu when bar is highlighted( double click selected ) , whereas Ipad version doesnt allow access to floating bar menu whilst a bar is highlighted .

I have tried making new bar to separate pickup note , but this does not shift all the subsequent notes back a step left to their correct position . Even if I could find a way to apply " make pickup bar " , it seems that would NOT automatically shift all notes a step to the left ?
So your auto note/bar correction system only works left to right ?
(I had thought "make regular bar" would re quantise/autocorrect all subsequent notes from the barline after pickup , but seems it just cancels previous "make pickup bar" instruction.

Please explain if there is a way to achieve this right to left / retrospective autocorrection
( without manually cut /paste each first note of a bar back to last note of previous which I tiresomely did for one piece ) or can I ask this gets added in an update ?
Is this also the case in Progression PC ? And the Notion / Notion ipad softwares ?

I hope You understand my explanation and are able to resolve . Progression is an amazing software and would be central to my working if this could be fixed.
by matthewgorman on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:30 am
Hi Wallyblo,

I inquired with tech support about this for you, and here is the response.

Currently there is not a way to auto-bar your music in either the desktop or ipad version of Progression or Notion. It is up to the user to correctly rhythmically spell your notation. If you would like to create a pickup measure in Progression for Ipad, simply tap and hold your finger on the bar line that you would like to convert, and choose "Make Pickup Bar" from the menu that appears.

Hope that helps.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Studio 4, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves , RM16, Studio 192, DP88, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Yamaha HS50 Monitors, Sceptre 6-8 Monitors, Temblor 10.
by wallyblo on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:13 am
Thanks for your response Matthew , which comes after I posted on Presonus Audio Facebook page asking if they ever read their forums !
They said it was " community led " & sent me off to file a support ticket ;
So coming back to here to copy & paste I now find your reply .
So I'm a little confused , & dont know if I'm talking to a Presonus representative or forum local .

Either way , I'm disappointed there was no recognition this is a problem when IMPORTING files , it's not my spelling but the fact that imported midi files dont have barlines .
And pickup bar only affects playback, if I understand right . This is the least of my worries , it is accurate score to tab transcription for archiving my fingerings of the piece that I need .

So I'm further disappointed their response " currently not possible " doesnt state if they think it would be worth implementing this in the future to improve their product(s) .
I would have been happy to wait a while , and was considering upgrading to Notion & maybe desktop versions if the software offered this function . I had thought this to be powerful software , but that a single eighth note at the start of a piece can throw everything else out and not be corrected is pretty silly IMO.

Will await a response a while , if not , back to file a support ticket.
by matthewgorman on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:01 am
I will alert them about this. If it helps any, this is a community forum. Presonus owns it, but they let the inmates run the asylum. Its new for the users of Notion and Progression, as you guys were integrated in. Longtime Presonus users are used to it. They do come here, however, but like I said they let the users handle things.

Matt

S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Studio 4, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves , RM16, Studio 192, DP88, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Yamaha HS50 Monitors, Sceptre 6-8 Monitors, Temblor 10.
by matthewgorman on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:29 am
back to file a support ticket.

That is really the best idea. Make sure to attach a specific midi file that may be giving you issue to better help getting it straightened out.

Matt

by devidhenry2 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:31 pm
For that you will do one thing you just go and get some review about it but faced any type of problem then you will do one thing you just read the review and collect some good point from it and I think that tricks are great for you all. For further about apple brand then mac uae just visit with it and get more. Why you tell you about apple because if you faced that problem with that brand then.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1