Discuss using Dante, Audinate Software and Dante enabled consoles, etc.
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have ordered a Dante card for my rm16ai and am looking for a small cheap switch. This will be a small closed network, with approx 3 devices so I am thinking of a 5 port switch. I have done research and haven’t found anything that you can turn off az (power saving, EE), which is what is required for Dante.
Anyone have any recommendations for a switch? I use an airport express for wifi, and plan to continue to do so.

Thanks in advance.
Rob
by robranogajec on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:53 pm
The closest I have gotten is an article by Netgear.

https://kb.netgear.com/31291/What-is-IE ... t-Ethernet

It seems to indicate that some of their switches should work.
by roblof on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:03 am
To my knowledge, any switch that is managed will be able to turn off the energy saving setting.

iMac late 2015, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, x32 with Dante/aes67, x32-rack with Dante/aes67, s16 and sd16 stageboxes, p16 monitor system, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Motör 61, BCR-2000, StudioLive 24, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, Studio One Pro v4.1.1, Notion 6, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, Halion 6, Nuendo 8.2, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4, misc Line6 gear/software, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Yamaha 02r.....
by Karyn on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:45 pm
I've had no issues with the TPLink TL-SG1008P

Not expensive,
8 ports (4 with PoE)
reliable (mine is approx 2 years old)
No dropouts with Dante. (I've pushed 64 channels through it with no issue)

https://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/det ... 1008P.html

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by robranogajec on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:20 pm
Thanks for all the help. I have gone with a NETGEAR GS105E and have confirmed that energy saving can be disabled, as well as port loop detection. They are both disabled by default.
I have yet to receive my Dante card but will be testing this shortly.
by matthewseymour on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:40 am
My understanding is the energy efficient ethernet only causes a problem if something that's moving dante traffic turns it on. Dante hardware doesn't support it but PC hardware usually does. I've successfully used cheap unmanaged switches with EEE to connect four dante devices, no issues. On my laptop I had to be sure to manually disable EEE in the driver.

Much better to use a switch that allows it to be disabled though.

I've used the HPE OfficeConnect switches successfully. Personally prefer them to Netgear options and they tend to be affordable and sufficiently managed.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1