9 posts
Page 1 of 1
At present, merging a selection of events, including those that are muted, un-mutes them and puts them un-muted into the merge. This shouldn't happen, merge should respect muted events. Is it possible to change this?
by Tacman7 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:12 am
That doesn't seem logical to me.

An event can be muted or unmuted.

If you combine events into a single event it would have to be one or the other right?

Studio OnePro 4 64bit Win10 i7 7700k 16gb ram
1TB SSD AsusH270M-PLUS interface:StudioKonnekt 48
Melodyne Studio
Where 'IS' Shitcreek? and
'WHY' would you go there without a paddle?
by Bbd on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:37 am
Just tested this issue and with audio clips, the mute is retained after merge but with midi clips it is not. Not sure if this is intended but I think the mute should carry thru after the merge.

Bbd

1) For HELP Read the Manual.
2) Create a SUPPORT TICKET. "Select Submit a Request".
3) For Comunity Help add your specs to your SIGNATURE AND
Include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce
Detailed how to HERE.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4, Notion 6, Series III 24, Steinberg UR44, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Cental Station Plus, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, Equator D5 monitors, Akai MPK261, Roland T6
by Bbd on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:30 am
After researching, separate midi clips will not retain mute status when merged. Audio clips do.

Update: I heard that this issue has already been sent to the developers so no need for a feature request.

Bbd

Include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce
Detailed how to HERE.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4, Notion 6, Series III 24, Steinberg UR44, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Cental Station Plus, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, Equator D5 monitors, Akai MPK261, Roland T6
by talanarney on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:34 am
Tacman7 wroteThat doesn't seem logical to me.

An event can be muted or unmuted.

If you combine events into a single event it would have to be one or the other right?

Why? What kind of logic is that? If I have it muted, it should stay muted and be discarded if merged with un-muted clips.
by talanarney on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:35 am
Bbd wroteAfter researching, separate midi clips will not retain mute status when merged. Audio clips do.

Update: I heard that this issue has already been sent to the developers so no need for a feature request.

So it's a bug cool? Thought it was just a feature.
by Lawrence on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:27 am
Here you go guys:

mergePlus.package which adds a new action Event > Merge Events (with midi mutes).

Put it in your application \scripts folder and bind it to G replacing the default merge action. It mutes all notes in any muted midi clips before the merge keeping them in the merged clip and also keeping them silent. Otherwise, it works the same as before for other media.

by Bbd on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:04 am
Thanks Lawrence for a simple and great fix for this issue!
:+1

Bbd

Detailed how to HERE.

by talanarney on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:06 am
Thank you @lawrence I'll try that!

9 posts
Page 1 of 1