9 posts
Page 1 of 1
It seems to be a fantastic console. But how can we implement our midi-environment? we use lots of drummachines, and the delays have to be synchronized with them. We also use controllers to control volumes of a few synthesizers. At the moment, we use a behringer console, which can do all those things. We would like to use a Presonus-console for several reasons. So, how can this Midi-thing be done without the use of a computer?
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:39 am
The only mixer with MIDI on board is the classic StudioLive 16.0.2, the implementation of MIDI to the RM/RML mixers will follow this year. The StudioLive AI consoles as well as the CS18AI controller have no MIDI functionality at all. The SL 32 and SL 16 also have no MIDI ports and there is no word about MIDI in the product descriptions, so it looks like the board does not have the features you are looking for.

SL16 | 32R | 16R | 3* 16M | SW5E

Apple routers | iPads | Alesis iO Docks | Yamaha S112, S15e, S10e, SM12, SM10 | LD Systems Curv 500 | Galaxy Audio Hot Spots | Mac mini | Lenovo Laptop | Studio One Artist 4.6.1 & Pro 3.5.6
by Atarikid on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:46 pm
Oh, that sounds bad. We are living in 2017. Especially the younger, EDM producing musicans need those funktions. Ok, then we have to keep our Behringer equipment.
by roblof on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:54 am
If you already have a working solution, why do you want to replace it?

Behringer Wing, iMac late 2015, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, x32 with Dante/aes67, x32-rack with Dante/aes67, s16 and sd16 stageboxes, p16 monitor system, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Motör 61, BCR-2000, StudioLive 24, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, Studio One Pro v4, Notion 6, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, Halion 6, Nuendo 10, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4, misc Line6 gear/software, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha 02r.....
by stingray1122 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:12 pm
We have a spec for implementing MIDI over Ethernet. It didn't make it in for 1.0 but we're hoping to have it available in an update later this year.

RayT
Sr Product Manager
PreSonus
by michaellavage on Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:05 pm
stingray1122 wroteWe have a spec for implementing MIDI over Ethernet. It didn't make it in for 1.0 but we're hoping to have it available in an update later this year.

Any developments here Ray?? Would make this an awesome solution for complex shows ( like the one I am creating right now)

mik
by garymulholland on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:14 pm
Have there been any developments in terms of introducing MIDI over ethernet to the StudioLive mixers? I'm currently looking at the possibility of getting a Presonus StudioLive 16R or 24R but the lack of MIDI control may be a deal-breaker.
by rupertpfaff on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:18 am
stingray1122 wroteWe have a spec for implementing MIDI over Ethernet. It didn't make it in for 1.0 but we're hoping to have it available in an update later this year.

Hey Ray, remember me? ;-)

I would so love the ability to send MIDI from the StudioLive III to map control of plugins etc, like the C24 - anything doing? :-)

(I mean from the faders, not just the Fat Channel controls.)
by dylangadwa on Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:20 pm

Hey there. Any updates on this? Was any sort of MIDI implementation ever introduced for the SL series III?

9 posts
Page 1 of 1