14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sorry if this is a newb question, I'm a Studio One newb for sure. Is it possible to import 3rd party loops into Studio One 3? Couldn't find good info on this.

Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:01 pm
Yes you can. But be advised that when you drag in an outside file (not recorded within the daw), that file is referenced in place and not automatically copied to the media folder in the song. You need to fire off the "Copy External Files" command from the file menu to copy them.

This step is important if your songs/projects get worked on in multiple different workstations.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by cristofe on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:02 pm
Of course.....loops are simply audio or MIDI files. ANY DAW can import most any loops unless they are in some strange proprietary file format.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by Lawrence on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:14 pm
Stooge #3 (Larry) reporting for duty. :lol:

If you have S1 Artist without the mp3 add-on and the loops are mp3, nope. :(

Other than that, what Moe and Curly (or was that Shemp?) said. :mrgreen:
by dougfischer on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:52 pm
Thanks Moe, et al! I'm not speaking here of dragging them in for a particular song. I meant just getting whole bunch of third party loops into the Studio One 3 browser for easy reference, with audio and midi loops. Do I just drag them into the browser? Can I keep the folder hierarchy of the loops I bring in?
by dougfischer on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:10 pm
Sorry if I'm being thick. Kind of my m.o. :roll:

Can you drag third party loops into the browser in Studio One 3 Pro?
by gazphillips on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 am
also being a noob was wandering the same thing I want to use some loops from loop loft in my copy of artist

Gaz-P
S1 Artist, Alesis Q25. Focurite 2i2 Scarlet Audio Interface. Custom Built Computer (PC)...and building :D
by paganden on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:42 am
I was wondering the same and was answered in the Facebook group.

1. You put all your third party loops in a folder somewhere in the PC.
2. From the Studio One browser you go to Files and then find said folder.
3. For further convenience you can right click and select "New Tab From Here".
(I can only imagine it's the same thing on Mac)

Cheers!
by rheamangles on Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:45 pm
I downloaded a whole load of loop loft wav files and cant see them in the loop loft folder i put them in. I can see the files named loop loft but i cant find the files inside them? ie cant see the wav files to drag
by c3hamby on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:41 pm
Yes I'm having difficulty with this too. I'm running Studio One 3 Artist.

Thank you to the poster that posted step by step how to do this thru the file menu.

My first mistake was not extracting the files from the zip folder.

Confident, I proceeded then to follow the steps. These particular drum loops are wave files...but for some reason, Studio One 3 still cannot recognize them.

It's me, not you. These things I have done, what do I lack?

Brian Hamby
www.b3hamby.com
www.reverbnation.com/brianhamby
Studio One 3 Artist/Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
1963 Hammond A100/1968 Leslie 145
Hammond Xk3 Pro System/Leslie 2101
Yamaha MOFX8
by komalkanth on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:42 am
c3hamby wroteYes I'm having difficulty with this too. I'm running Studio One 3 Artist.

Thank you to the poster that posted step by step how to do this thru the file menu.

Confident, I proceeded then to follow the steps. These particular drum loops are wave files...but for some reason, Studio One 3 still cannot recognize them.

Did you get this resolved? I followed the steps mentioned by paganden and it works. You might have to right click and refresh to see the files.
by toddredding on Thu May 31, 2018 4:32 am
Th8s was obviously an 9ld topic. Is anyone still listening?
My problem with 3rd party plugins is hit and miss. Drag and dro0 or using the add button is so straight forward. However where do they go?

My problem is organzation. I want my loops under "loops" and 3rd party effects under "effects" and a drop-down menu under the vender.
It worked for Waves and other vendors but tak8ng the same steps for others that just don't take. Trying to get Soft7be to work now
by toddredding on Thu May 31, 2018 4:38 am
That is Softube /various effects I meant. Plus 2gb of drum loops that should be placed under loops in the DAW. J7st bought a new interface that came with bundled freebies.
by daviswood on Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:37 pm
c3hamby wroteYes I'm having difficulty with this too. I'm running Studio One 3 Artist.

Did this get resolved? I’m having the same problem

14 posts
Page 1 of 1